FM, headaches & inflamation of eye muscles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ephemera, Feb 4, 2003.

1. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Hi. I went to the eye doc today in my marathon week to see why I've had so many recent headaches & some dizziness.

My vision hasn't changed all that much since my last prescription, but I did need new glasses for my bifocals. I do so much close-up work for 8-10 hours per day.

I told the eye doc of my growing light & noise sensitivity & he thinks FM may have impacted my eyes, specifically inflamation of muscles or nerves.

He asked me back on a day when I don't have so much pain (hah!) to do a lengthy light test (not a color field).

Is anyone familiar with the test? Sorry, I don't remember the name, but it was 2 or 3 words. (Know I should have written it down, but I probably would have lost the piece of paper.)

Tomorrow I see the sleep doc to see if changes in meds may have resulted in the headaches. Thursday I see my allergist for a shot, new vial & usual peptalk.

At the eye doc's I got a pair of wrap around sun glasses & they are my newest favorite thing. They eliminated so much light around the sides of my eyes & forehead. I think we'll be inseparable come spring & summer. BTW, his assistant who fitted me told me her sister has FM. We are everywhere. (sadly)

Best thoughts to all.
  2. aprilhuque

aprilhuque New Member

If so, it might be related to the occipital nerves. I was getting chronic daily migraine and noticed that my eye hurt and sometimes twitched when really stressed and I was diagnosed with occipital neuralgia.

Hope this helps
    April Huque, M.A.