FM/Heat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starla06, Jul 18, 2006.

1. starla06

starla06 New Member

Have not posted in awhile but I was just wondering if anyone else if having extra pain with all the excess heat we are having. It is running in the 100's+ here & it seems to be effecting my pain level with FM. I was doing pretty good this this heat blast.

I would be interested if it is hurting anyone else. I live in Oklahoma & we are definately suffering. Think the rest of the country is pretty much the same.

Thank you for you time
    Lea Ann
  2. joanng

joanng New Member

I'm am definitely being affected by the heat. Started last Sunday. Today, I'm not too bad but it's early yet. I have other friends (we meet on Saturday nights for a support group for something else but a lot of us suffer from fibro) and they all say the heat really jacks up the pain levels with them.
  3. Malucky

Malucky New Member

yes I live in Indiana and the heat is killing me. I haven't had this much pain in such a long time. I hurt so bad today that I called in work. I hurt thru my hips and can't hardly walk today.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2006]
  4. starla06

starla06 New Member

for all the replies. Thought i was going crazy there for a minute. So glad to know i am not alone.

thanks
    lea ann
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Lea Ann:

The heat and humity has gotten to me.I'm down to 60 degree.
    What a day I have to go through in this heat. I have to let Dr. Urologist sick a camera up my bladder to see if he has to 'snip' and also have the results of my blood test.

Today I am not at peace. Wish I was, though.....

nyrofan
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

My part of the country is also experiencing a heat wave and high humidity.

The heat does not affect my fibro pain level, or my pain level from my back and other areas, etc., but it affects me from a lupus standpoint. Makes me sick, affects my skin, etc.

I am lucky that we have central air conditioning and we keep it set at 66 to 68 degrees! So, sometimes our house is downright cold! Right now, my nose and feet are cold! But my DH and me love it this way!

I am practically housebound due to my total health, so I don't get outside much. But when I went to a 4th of July picnic which was outdoors, made me sick as a dog.

7. artseyone

artseyone New Member

Yes, the heat has been unbearable and this is from someone who lived in the south all my life.. But the temps here are as hot as there..the only difference is our humidity goes down the later in the day...In Baton Rouge the humidity stays at 89 or 90% all day.

And, I've been hurting horribly..
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Like all Hoosiers before me... this weather has been horrid to my body. This summer has been so humid and that really makes my body hurt.

It was supposed to be 'nice' today. Lower temps and humidity. My DH and I drove up to our cottage and my body was screaming.. I told him there had to be rain coming in. "Not according to the weather forecast." Within five minutes it started raining. I looked to DH and said to believe me, not what the forecast is.

Hopefully this to shall pass..

Kim
  9. jsholden

jsholden New Member

YES!! I hurt all over and get so lathargic. It totally drains me and I swell up as well. I am probably on the extreme level of heat sensitivity
  10. starla06

starla06 New Member

& so glad to know i am not alone or going crazy- crazier than normal with the dd. Oklahoma did have a small break from the heat this weekend it was in the 90 in lieu of 100's but that is not going to last long

Hope all of you all have a better week that last week.

lea ann
  11. Bambi

Bambi New Member

my FM worse. All my doctors have either asked WHY I live in the Phoenix valley or said I should move.
    Easier said and done when my husband's work is here!

I read in the winter several members who are just awaiting summer for relief..I never can relate. We have HOT days usually from March or as late as May if we're lucky, and it lasts until late November for me. The Monsoons hit now, so we have frequent dust storms followed by rain. Even if it doesn't rain we have the storm clouds and humidity. I am a house mouse for most of the year here because of the heat and HOPE we can move at retirement to an iceberg! Bambi