FM/ lack of sleep headache

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starla06, Oct 24, 2006.

1. starla06

starla06 New Member

Does anyone have odd feelings with the FM when you do not get enough sleep. I did not sleep hardly any last nite & this morning i have a weird headache, stomach & that heavy feeling on your chest. I also have that tingle feeling in my arms.

Has this happened to anyone else. I am also tired - duh guess if i could have slept last nite i would not be so tired. I could just close my eyes & fall asleep right now but I dont think my job would appreciate it.

Just needing to get this off my chest. Been awhile since i posted & thought i would throw this out for thought.

Thanks for listening
    Lea Ann
  2. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

Hi Lea Ann

Yes, I too get these feelings after a night of not sleeping. I work 7-3:30 every day and when I do not get enough sleep, I have headaches, body feels achy, tingly and my stomach is usually messed up also. Makes it very hard to function, but I have no choice but to push on and go to work.

We are told we have to make sure we get our sleep in order to have any quality of life, but yet I have so many things going on with my body that prevent me from sleeping.

My wish for you is a good nights sleep every night to help you feel better.

Reeny
  3. fezhat

fezhat New Member

Sleep is very important for FM patients so your symptoms would be aggraviated. It is very important that body recharges it's self. I know after a few nights of lack of sleep that I have a hard time standing. Hope you sleep well.
  4. starla06

starla06 New Member

Nice to know i an not going totally crazy....
    Lea Ann
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Starla06: no you aren't crazy.

I get a tight feeling in my head, difficult to think, and often feel nauseous when I don't get enough sleep.

I also get severe migraines and it is only since I have been taking amitriptylene to help me sleep that the migraines have stopped.

Restful sleep is so important and something that most of us don't get.

hugs Redwillow

6. starla06

starla06 New Member

know how to spell it. That's about it. However some nights are better than others but last nite was bad. Now i am suffering. It makes me so very tired it takes all i have to keep my eyes open.

Thank you all for making me feel better.
    Lea Ann