FM: Need a "starter" diet to improve my allergies??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi -
    I had been feeling very sick the past couple of days. Today for whatever reason, I was not hungry at all. As the day went on, I forgot that I had not eaten. I also found that I felt, not only better and had more of a clear head. I also found that I felt, emotionally, like my old self today. My pain level was down too. I had a couple bites of pretzels thru the day, but probably 3 total.

I was starved at dinner, we had pizza, I ate it, and sure enough... I, soon after, got horrible pains in my wrists and my joints, I was instantly tired, short tempered, and foggy headed.

So.... do I have food allergies? I hear about this with FM. Please UNDERSTAND, I know it is awful not to eat, do not get me wrong, I am not thinking about doing that. I was just wondering if there is an elimination diet that I can try, without being too overwhelmed.

Not to be lazy, just wondering what I can do to start feeling like I did today. There has to be some connection.

2. SherylD

SherylD Guest

First of all...I know exactly how you feel! I have no idea what to tell you. I have been really watching what I eat for about a year now and I still can not get it all figured out...Still feel terrible..

I know alot of my problems are food related...I react to something within 10 minutes of eating something..ANd can last up to a week..

I feel better too if I don't eat...but then I get so drained and then start to feel worse..It's a no win thing.

Pizza has so many things in it, high sodium, msg, who knows what would have got you with that.

One thing you could try is to fast for a few days..I am not one who could do this...Then start introducing one thing at a time...Keep a diary of what you eat, drink (should only drink water), what supplements or meds. you take...All of that can affect it.

Do some reading on a site called msgmyth. It can explain somethings.. or msgtruth. Those are places I have found that explain alot about how diet can affect us.

On this site it says to only eat things like eggs, brown rice, free range chicken...stop all supplements..for a week or two and see if you feel better. I did it a long time ago and did seem better, more energy. But I couldn't keep take of it all once I started introducing things back. I got sick of writing things down. It almost comsumes you.

I still battle with it all day...I had some homemade soup last night and reacted to that. I figured my husband must have used old broth we had in the freezer and it had some old table salt that we use to use and I don't use anymore. Now today I am in horrible pain.

I get all different kinds of reactions to foods...headache, stomach bloating, increase in pain, numbing of my face or hands or legs..dizzyness, gum pain, sore throat...

Most of the time I feel like I am going crazy..I will think it is all in my head...then I will just eat something and realize it's NOT!!

I am going to a new doctor in Jan. I am hoping I will get some sort of answers there..My son who is 10 is having problems too. I am taking him to this doctor too.

Good luck...and if anyone does having any answers to this, I would LOVE to hear it!!

[This Message was Edited on 12/20/2006]
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks you all. Yes, it is time to do something about it. I have not eaten much today, but not feeling like I did yesterda, although, my 3 yr. old kept me up all night so that migh thave something to do with it !

I will let you all know if it works.

Happy Holidays & Thanks
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Sounds like food allergy is a prime suspect to me. I just bumped up a thread I started called "Food Allergies" might want to take a look at it.
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks Lisa! Will check it out.

[ advertisement ]