FM: Need a "starter" diet to improve my Fibro....food allergies??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi -
    I had been feeling very sick the past couple of days. Today for whatever reason, I was not hungry at all. As the day went on, I forgot that I had not eaten. I also found that I felt, not only better and had more of a clear head. I also found that I felt, emotionally, like my old self today. My pain level was down too. I had a couple bites of pretzels thru the day, but probably 3 total.

I was starved at dinner, we had pizza, I ate it, and sure enough... I, soon after, got horrible pains in my wrists and my joints, I was instantly tired, short tempered, and foggy headed.

So.... do I have food allergies? I hear about this with FM. Please UNDERSTAND, I know it is awful not to eat, do not get me wrong, I am not thinking about doing that. I was just wondering if there is an elimination diet that I can try, without being too overwhelmed.

Not to be lazy, just wondering what I can do to start feeling like I did today. There has to be some connection.

Hugs
    Kim
  2. SherylD

SherylD Guest

First of all...I know exactly how you feel! I have no idea what to tell you. I have been really watching what I eat for about a year now and I still can not get it all figured out...Still feel terrible..

I know alot of my problems are food related...I react to something within 10 minutes of eating something..ANd can last up to a week..

I feel better too if I don't eat...but then I get so drained and then start to feel worse..It's a no win thing.

Pizza has so many things in it, high sodium, msg, sulfites...so who knows what would have got you with that.

One thing you could try is to fast for a few days..I am not one who could do this...Then start introducing one thing at a time...Keep a diary of what you eat, drink (should only drink water), what supplements or meds. you take...All of that can affect it.

Do some reading on a site called msgmyth. It can explain somethings.. or msgtruth. Those are places I have found that explain alot about how diet can affect us.

On this site it says to only eat things like eggs, brown rice, free range chicken...stop all supplements..for a week or two and see if you feel better. I did it a long time ago and did seem better, more energy. But I couldn't keep take of it all once I started introducing things back. I got sick of writing things down. It almost comsumes you.

I still battle with it all day...I had some homemade soup last night and reacted to that. I figured my husband must have used old broth we had in the freezer and it had some old table salt that we use to use and I don't use anymore. Now today I am in horrible pain.

I get all different kinds of reactions to foods...headache, stomach bloating, increase in pain, numbing of my face or hands or legs..dizzyness, gum pain, sore throat...

Most of the time I feel like I am going crazy..I will think it is all in my head...then I will just eat something and realize it's NOT!!

I am going to a new doctor in Jan. I am hoping I will get some sort of answers there..My son who is 10 is having problems too. I am taking him to this doctor too.

Good luck...and if anyone does having any answers to this, I would LOVE to hear it!!

SherylD
    [This Message was Edited on 12/20/2006]
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks you all. Yes, it is time to do something about it. I have not eaten much today, but not feeling like I did yesterda, although, my 3 yr. old kept me up all night so that migh thave something to do with it !

I will let you all know if it works.

Happy Holidays & Thanks
    Kim
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Sounds like food allergy is a prime suspect to me. I just bumped up a thread I started called "Food Allergies" yesterday....you might want to take a look at it.
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks Lisa! Will check it out.
    Hugs
    Kim