fm, osteo, and refluxe ???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rrsbaby, Aug 28, 2005.

1. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

Hi, was wondering if anyone has fm, osteo and acid refluxe? If so what do you take for the osteo? I have tried several prescription meds,(anti inflamitories) and the over the counter stuff. All of them really bother my stomach. I take previcid for the refluxe everyday. And I always take the anti-inflamitories with food. Just tried Mobic, same thing and it didnt seem to help the osteo. Any suggestions are welcom
    RRSbaby
  2. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi RRSbaby:

I have FM, CFS, Osteo and Acid Reflux. For the osteo pain I as you can not tolerate many meds because of the Acid Reflux. I just take Tylenol Arthritis, helps a little but not much else can I take. Vioxx, Celebrex and Bextra are excellent but I wouldn't take a chance with the heart attack side effect.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,
    Francey
  3. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

Thanks for your reply, I have tried all of the above, all make my refluxe awful. Plus my cardiologist does not want me to take the Bextra ect. Which I did take for over a year and it helped. Had a heart attack 8 years ago so I do not want to take the chance. Thanks again...
    RRSbaby
  4. reebok22202

reebok22202 New Member

My doctor took me off all anti-inflamatory meds because it was aggravating my reflux. I am now on prevacid twice a day and I take ultracet for pain. Tried mobic, it didn't help at all.
  5. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

Thanks everyone for your replys. What is Ultram? Is it strong? I take soma three times a day, and loribid, Helps, but alway seeking new information on meds ect.
    RRSbaby