FM & Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CdnGirl, Jul 18, 2003.

1. CdnGirl

CdnGirl New Member

Has any FM sufferers went ahead with a planned pregnancy? We would like to go for a 3rd but.....I am concerned about having a huge flare up during and or after (with more lack of sleep). Plus, not healing quickly with vitamin "B" deficiencies.

Any advice?
  2. CdnGirl

CdnGirl New Member

3. Karrot

Karrot New Member

I can't tell ya because I'm working on my first :) But I would suggest typing in pregnancy in the "search messages" function right at top. Good luck!

Karrot
  4. crissyfamily

crissyfamily New Member

5. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I'M SORT OF A "NEWBIE" W/CFIDS , FM , ETC. PLUS I'M A " STUPID" MALE...... WHAT I'VE HEARD IS IT IS A 60/40 IN FAVOR OF RELIEF WHILE PREGNANT..... I WISH I HAD THE OPTION FOR SEVERAL REASONS..... #1..... I LOVE KIDS & THEY ARE OUR FUTURE.....#2...... IT IS WORTH THE RISK..... IF YOU LOVE THE CHILD !!!!! CHILDREN CREATE MORE CHALLENGES.... I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF..... THE SACRIFICES ARE WORTH IT.... IF THERE IS LOVE...... IF IT IS PREGNANCY .... JUST FOR RELIEF.... DON'T..... I WISH I COULD SAY LOVE CONQUERS ALL.... I CAN'T..... I'M DIVORCED.... I HAD MORE LOVE THAN SHE DID..... SHE'S MUCH HAPPIER NOW..... FOUND A GUY W/MORE $.... BUT I LOVE OUR CHILD MORE THAN SHE DOES....... I WOULD GIVE MY LIFE FOR HIM.......IF IT WOULD HELP HIM... 2 GOOD THINGS ABOUT GOOD ADVICE.... IT'S FREE & YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE IT..... SORRY , FIGHTING BRAIN FOG.... HAVE TO SAY BYE.... TAKE CARE & MAY GOD BLESS !!!!!! BILLCAMO
  6. Jen F

Jen F New Member

...so if you do a search you will find many opinions.

Many people found they went into remission with pregnancy. Many people felt you shouldn't let FM prevent you from having a family.

I was one of those who felt that, for myself, with my own health problems that pregnancy was not a good plan. I felt that if we cannot adequately care for ourselves we shouldn't be responsible for others. But, I have CFS and overwhelming fatigue is more of a problem than pain. Also, not everyone has less health problems while pregnant.

But, I think you will find more opinions for than against it if children are important to you.

If I can find the post easily, I will bump it for you just before I go to bed.

night.

though I like them, not likely to have children, Jen
  7. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

SOME RECEIVE RELIEF FOR 9- 12 MONTHS..... SOME DON'T..... BOTTOM. LINE..... CAN YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF & CHILD AFTER ???? FOR ME..... CHILD MOST IMPORTANT !!!!!! TAKE CARE ALL !!!!! BILLCAMO.....
  8. Therrell

Therrell New Member

I am much older that you and did not have FM when I had my 2 children. But I have asked some excellent FM doctors about it. I couldn't imagine how you could survive with FM. They both said that to this point all of their patients had gone into remission during their pregnancy. The FM had gradully come back after the birth of the baby, but they felt good while pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!