FM Questions/ Lyrica?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by downs232, Oct 27, 2008.

1. downs232

downs232 New Member

I have just been diagnosed with FM after 4 long years of pain and Dr. denial. I have been on everything for the pain including a Fentanyl Patch that is pretty strong. I have been on Lyrica for 3 weeks now and I think I feel a difference but my lack of energy is still just not there. I am also on Zoloft for depression and pain but still can't seem to get going in the morning. Does anyone have advice? I know my life will not be the same but I want somthing that at least resembles what it was without patches and pills. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Abigale
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I strongly suggest that you speak with your doctor about how you are feeling on these meds. One of the side effects of Fibro and/or depression is fatigue and before you start pulling yourself off medications (which you should not do unless you are under your doctor's supervision and he is advising you how to withdraw from medications), you should relay your symptoms to the doctor. Some medications can take 4 to 6 weeks to take full effect and you are only 3 weeks into Lyrica. Talk to your doctor to get the facts, and find out what your doctor recommends you do. Hugs.
  3. moonmaiden3878

moonmaiden3878 New Member

I just got diagnosed with fm and I could not take lyrica it made me feel drugged..i would look for something else if you still lack energy...are you excercising? What do u do everyday...what do you have to look forwad to?