FM remission?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nourm, Sep 11, 2009.

1. nourm

nourm New Member

i'm 22 years old & i've been living with fibromyalgia for 7 years now. i have had many treatments and the first treatment that kind of suited me was a combination of cymbalta and many other drugs. A few months ago i've experienced a kind of remission and basically a lot of my pain has been diminished the other symptoms that used to accompany my FM haven't diminished at all so i was wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of remission? and if FM pain reappeared after a while? and how long it took for it to reappear
    I just can't believe that FM will stay in this state of remission
  2. debburdsall

debburdsall New Member

No fibro does not go into remission,,But we do have what feels like remission--Fibro comes and goes this is called fibro flare. sometime you feel decent for months even years then all of a sudden it hits you all over again. Sorry to be the barer of bad news but I've been living with it for over 15 years. and every time i have a flare,it feels just as painful and confusing and you feel just as helpless as when you first had it. And when it calms down you feel like life is starting to get back to normal and you begin to rebuild your life replacing everything you lost during your last flare..It's a vicious cycle.and thats part of what makes it so hard for other people to understand.Sometimes other people think were hypochrondraics or were just complaining for attention.So we end up feeling all alone.
  3. nourm

nourm New Member

that's what i thought i just couldn't believe that i was done with this disease. people all around me think i'm cured and are quite relieved by this fact, while secretely i have been waiting for it to reappear. thank you for your input