FM, Scoliosis, migraine headaches, carpal tunnel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acheallover, Feb 25, 2007.

1. acheallover

acheallover New Member

Well, that about sums it up for me, the fibro was the last diagnosis, but it seems that there are alot of us that suffer from some or all of these. I am finding that using Ultram fairly regularly works well along with Lyrica, lidoderm patches, compound creme (piroxicam, guifenisin, and ketoprophen) and meloxicam. The combination of all of these keeps me fair to good. I am finding that my low back is really causing fits lately. I have not been to the acupuncture or massage lately. I think my body is screaming at me to make some appts. Just thought I would share will all, blessings
  2. suesue49

suesue49 New Member

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Am curious about the lidoderm patches you mentioned. Never heard of them. Can you tell me what they are all about? Thanks. I hope you get some relief soon. Sounds like you need to call for that massage. Thanks. SueSue49
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

It's strange how many different things we have going on at one time.

Time for that massage, hopefully I'll get to add that to my list of things to do once my ssd starts.

Take care
  4. acheallover

acheallover New Member

Hi there, the patches are lidocaine, which is, if you are not familiar, used to numb areas that are involved. They do give me some relief, especially over my bones and joints. I am able to get them through my workmens comp. Otherwise, they are expensive. I usually use 1-2 at a time, maybe two times a week, I keep them on for 24 hours. Hope that helps, with the pain that we all experience, I am always willing to try anything. I have to say that the compound medication that I mentioned, really gives me alot of relief. A tube cost $39.00, but lasts at least 2 months. I apply directly to whatever area is sore, and I get relief almost immediately. Of course you do need a prescription, and will need a pharmacy that compounds medications. Blessings to you, Phyllis