FM seems settled in feet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starchild6, Apr 21, 2008.

1. starchild6

starchild6 New Member

My fibromylgia seems to have settled in my feet. Does anyone else have pain in their feet? I do have mild constant pain in my body that I've learned to live with, and I have occasional flareups that are incapacitating for about 48 hours and take me a month to get over. But the main concern for me now is that the bottoms of my feet are in a constant state of soreness, sometimes worse than others. Some days they feel like wooden blocks, some days I can hardly stand to wear shoes, and some days they just stay cold all day. I have a very high pain tolerance, but they're always sore. Soaking doesn't seem to help. I thought at first it was arthritis, and I know I'm slightly overweight, but not enough to account for this type soreness. Some days it is much worse than it is other days, just like my FM. Could this really be FM? Anyone else have this problem?
  2. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

About a month ago I had a procedure done on my neck which put me in a horrible flare. Well the flare has died down but it left me with terrible pain on the bottom of my feet as well and nothing seems to help it either. Starchild, it sounds exactly like what you are going thru!

I would like to see what the others say about this problem.
  3. jaded_lady

jaded_lady New Member

Is that what you mean by a constant state of soreness?

I swear for a few days, I thought I was going to have x rays and they would tell me there were broken bones. I wrapped them to go to work.

It was like I had poured marlbles in my shoes and walked on concrete for dayss.
  4. monica33flowers

when I use to waitress working a 10 hour day and just getting slammed ...... table after table and no breaks or time to sit down. By the time you do sit down at the end of your shift you can't get up because the bottom of your feet hurt so bad from running constantly. Then in the middle of the night you wake up with horrible charlie horse pain in your legs.

That is how I explain mine but walking on marbles is a good one as well.
  5. crazygranny

crazygranny New Member

6. Springfling

Springfling New Member

I have had a lot of problems with my feet and ankles for the last couple of months. Some days are better than others.

In the mornings I can hardly walk on them. It takes awhile till I can walk normal. Like the previous post, they feel like I have walked 100 miles and they are bruised or broken. I also cannot touch my heels because they hurt to the touch.

I have problems with my legs too. Either they are killing me or I get and bed and it's like restless leg syndrome. I feel like I need to stretch them all the time.

I do have swelling every day, but don't know it it is my pain meds or not.

I try soaking in a footbath and just sitting in the recliner when they get that bad. Usually my pain meds are the only thing that helps and even they don't work all that well.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!
  7. karenz

karenz New Member

I had horrible pain on the bottom of my feet a few years ago, and it was diagnosed as plantar fasciitis. It went away on it's own. Don't know if there are any specific treatments for it.

Ok, so now, in addition to fibro, I have had bursitis, costochondritis, plantar fasciitis.........and my doctor tells me I don't have a problem with inflammation! How many itis's does it take????

Good luck,
  8. K5VLK

K5VLK New Member

Hi all, You might consider watching your B-vitamin intake. I took too many for a few months, just so I could have enough energy to go to work, and the bottoms of my feet just cratered. Later I read that "too much Vitamin B-6 can damage peripheral nerves (feet)." To this day, I can only take B-vitamins once a week, or the burning feet and painful feet return. And FMS/CFS NEED B-vitamins!! It's weird.
  9. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I have plantar fasciitis and have gone to a podiatrist for years. I either have to wear special inserts in my shoes or birkenstocks with thick socks.

The podiatrist will give you a list of exercises to help your feet and tell you NOT to ever go barefooted!

Take care, I really feel for you
  10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

caught mumps a couple of years back and my feet started same day as mumps - couldnt walk on them for days.

The pain has never left though I do manage to walk on them but not for long. Even at night the pain is there and often unbearable.

I do not believe its because of the Bs I take because I can pinpoint the exact time it started back to the mumps. I think along with the cfs/fibro my immune system couldnt handle it and just added another crazy symptom to the many I already have.

My doctor just shakes his head, I do not have planter fascitis .

I have no advice I'm sorry. I take pantothenic acid which is supposed to help, cant see I notice a difference but maybe I would if I stopped taking it, maybe I'd be unable to walk again.

[This Message was Edited on 04/22/2008]
  11. starchild6

starchild6 New Member

Thanks for all your replies. At least I'm now pretty much convinced that this problem is FM related rather than OA, plantar fascitis, or some other mystery disease. It was interesting to read about the person whose foot problems started with the mumps, as mine started when I had back surgery. Now, whoa, I know you're thinking the surgery was the culprit and somebody cut a nerve they weren't supposed to, but I'm confident that is not the case. I do believe the trauma from the surgery caused the initial flareup which somehow settled in my feet. At least now I know there are others out there who struggle with the same type of FM pain.
  12. monica33flowers

I think you hit it right on the nose. I know my feet started acting up shortly after I had a procedure done on my neck. It was called a radiofrequency nerve laymans words....they tried to kill the nerves in my neck that were sending the pain signals.

I think this foot problem for all of us is brought on by the trauma of surgery, injury or a procedure and then the fibro flares its ugly head. I just hope this is a temporary thing and will go away.

Does anyone else know if this will go away like a "regular" flare or is this foot thing here to stay as a regular symptom of the fibro?
  13. cmt49829

cmt49829 New Member

I get alot of pain in my feet, especially my toes.
    some times I can barley stand the awful pain.
    that and my neck & rib/back areas are my worst for pain.
  14. goodnitegracey

goodnitegracey New Member

I have absolutely horrible foot pain. I have not had surgery and I am not on my feet all day. I feel like the foot pain is from poor circulation. Mine improves if I wear knee hi socks to bed or if I raise my feet like in the recliner. Just a thought.
  15. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

I have foot pain, ankle pain, and terrible pain in my legs. Those three areas are where my pain seems to have settled. My feet really hurt when i get up in the morning and try to walk. The pain in my legs makes it really difficult for me to get downstairs.
  16. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Oh, yeah, I have that. You should see me trying to walk around. The pain is so bad most of the time, I'm like constantly struggling to walk. When I go out to a store, like I did today, I came home and the pain in my feet was so bad, I was dying. I've had this problem ever since I got sick. I also get where my feet will blow up on occasion, like they did this week and I won't be able to get my shoes on. I actually had to wear slippers to get my mail cause my shoes wouldn't fit. Given the level of the pain in the feet, I'd have to say it's way beyond arthritis and must be FM.
  17. momof471

momof471 New Member

are really scaring me right now. They have been painful for most of this, but in the past 6 months they have gotten where I literally am scared to walk!

Its indescribable and very scary. I don't go lots of places, but I like to do what I can andthe feet thing really scares me. Its bad enough that I wonder if at some point I might not be able to walk.

God Bless
  18. skippy007

skippy007 New Member

I believe this stuff started in my feet and lower legs and then moved up into my body. I could hardly walk. I had bone scans of my feet done and it showed increased blood flow takeup areas which supported all my pain. There is a shock therapy they can do but it is still developing and my insurance would not pay for it. And to this day wear orthodics and have: shooting pains in foot, heel pain, pain when squeezing sides of foot together. I must stretch my feet every day before getting out of bed to help subside the pain upon standing up.
  19. fwm

fwm New Member

I'm amazed........I always thought this problem with my feet was because I have ruined them with high heels......but I have all of these signs and symptoms. My particular problem is upon rising in the morning it hurts to walk on them, or when I have sat too long, it takes me a while to ease into a regular stride. I mean they HURT.
  20. place

place New Member

I know someone said B cau
    sed theirs. Well I had bad feet pain but once dx,got good treatment, it went away.

Well.... the last two weeks, they have been getting worse, my calf were cramping up.

Someone mentioned B vitamin, and what do you know, I started take B two weeks ago. I stopped taking it and my problems stopped!

thank you, thank you who ever posted that!