FM & Sinsus problems

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by spudzy14, Nov 12, 2010.

1. spudzy14

spudzy14 New Member

I have had FM for over 14 years but have also had a lot of sinsus problems. My Dr. told me that people with FM do have a lot of sinsus problems. Do others have this same problem and what do you recommend to help. I have sinsus 24/7 12 months a year, but lately it has really been bad for the last two months. Been on 3 meds, and they don't seem to be helping. Please help me.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Have you been seen by an ENT or an allergist? If you are having sinus 24/7, 12 months a year, that is pretty serious.

My son had allergies as a young child which left him with sinus problems. He had to receive allergy treatment, and I had to take up the rugs, remove the brik-a-brack and dust catchers, no down pillows or quilts, and the allergist gave me a treatment to use in rooms for potential mold. The treatment from this allergist made a huge difference in the life of my son and in resolving his problems. I'm very grateful to the excellent pediatric allergists that helped him.

My mother also had bad sinus when I was a child and she had to see an allergist and he was able to resolve it after treatment for about two years. Again, the treatment was successful and made a huge difference in allowing my mother to live her life.

Both of my relatives underwent treatment more than just injections, the doctors were not over-treating, over charging or just wanting their money. Both were excellent doctors that solved the sinus problems and that's exactly what we were looking for.

I've experienced some excellent doctors that do help patients and have a positive impact on their lives--find those doctors.

So it might be an idea to start looking outside the box as sinus has many causes. Good luck and hugs.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/14/2010]
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Please read through the symptom list in this booklet to see if you recognize many of them...

http://www.lymepa.org/Basics2007v1.2Rev.pdf

Many, many people who were diagnosed with FM were later found to have a chronic Borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme).

Chronic sinus problems are very common with patients with Borrelia burgdorferi infection.