FM symptoms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by akaprincess, Aug 7, 2003.

1. akaprincess

akaprincess New Member

Hey everyone,
    I was diagnosed with FM last month. I was never hard to "stick" to draw blood or start an IV before about 6 months ago. Now it usually takes three tries. Could this be ANOTHER symptom?
    Also, what about OCD? I scratch my head ALL the time. No flees, (LOL) just little spots that I scratch till they are sore and bleeding.
    I am taking Paxil for depression and anxiety attacks & Soma at night to help rest.
    Any suggestions??
    Thanks,
    Princess
  2. FranWi

FranWi New Member

I'm not sure if these are symptoms of FM, but count me in! And it took three times for the lady at the lab to draw my blood and when she finally did it was slow going, lol. I think it's hypercoagulation perhaps.

:)

Fran
  3. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I never thought of this as a symptom of FM before, but I have been told more than once that I have the worst veins in the world! Almost always takes numerous sticks until they can find a "bleeder" and a vast majority of the time I get terrible bruises afterward.
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I think I've had FM forever so not sure if it's related but usually have to be stuck 2-3 times. When I went for a colonoscopy they stuck me 8 times! I always try to drink alot of water before blood tests - that seems to help. Of course with the colonoscopy I wasn't allowed water prior and with the clean out had probably gotten rid of gobs of water!

I too get small sores or whatever on my head and have heard of others on here with the same problem.