FM Tendonitis Questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamkenw, Oct 12, 2006.

1. pamkenw

pamkenw New Member

This is my fist time on the message board but I have a question. I was diagnosed with FM December, 2005 so I am fairly new to this disease. Does anyone know if it is very common to also have tendonitis also? I was diagnosed with tendonitis in my right ankle 3 weeks ago and now I am also having trouble with my left wrist and thumb, right wrist, thumb and little finger. I'm still trying to understand this crazy disease. It sure is frustating.
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Pam

I am glad that you joined us, welcome to the board.

I am interested in your question as I have FM and have had tendonitis in my ankles, elbows etc too. I would like to know if this was common symptom or problem with other people with FM.

Bumping for Pam to see what others have to say.

hugs Redwillow
  3. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Pam

Welcome to our little world, the board is a great place to start. We all experience similiar things, but are all very unique.

Haley beat me to it, Tendonistis could actually be myofascial pain which FMers can have too. The pain you experiencing as mentioned by Haley may be the referred pain so it appears to be tendonistis when in fact it could be knots in the muscle in another area of your body, possibly your shoulder.

I currently see a Chriopractor that is trained in trigger point therapy for my shoulder/back and hip area. It has been very helpful as this kind of pain really does not respond to meds very well. I only take them if the flare is really bad.

Keep reading, and posting you will find good info here. Also talk to your doctor if your comfortable about Massage therapist, or chiropractic care.. It may be helpful.

Welcome again,

Suz45
  4. cbs1234

cbs1234 New Member

Did you take any fluoroquinolone antibiotics around the time your FM and/or tendonitis symptoms arose? These drugs (levaquin, avelox, cipro, tequin, floxin, etc) are notorious for causing tendonitis, tendon ruptures, nerve damage and other nasty side effects.
  5. MeNow

MeNow New Member

Hi.

You say:" I am fairly new to this disease" I would bet a dime that you had pain for years before having the diagnostic.
    I have fibro and before had chronic pain for over 10 years before the diagnostic. I have other health issues and have recurent hip bursitis. That is very painful and doesn't permit me much moving around when it is acting. I use an old cut ski pole to walk in the house bcause I don't want a cane........So tendonitis goes with fibro.
    And when you think you are through with one thing an other surface.......that is fibro.
    Have a look at this site

http://hometown.aol.com/fibroworld/mps.htm
  6. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I don't know anything about tendonitis but "welcome Welcome"....love to have new people her. Sorry to hear that you had to join us but you will find lota of great people here.~~hugs~~Mick!!