FM to CFS to CAEBV help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shawshane, Nov 26, 2002.

1. shawshane

shawshane New Member

Wonderful board, share your knowledge. Received flu injection x 4months ago. developed swelling, and a raised lumb measuring 8cmX8cm, I later developed numbness, muscle spasms, and weakness.Within 24 hours I was in the ICU with a diagnosis of Guillian Barr. The neurological work-up was negative. The diagnosis was changed to Idopathic Peripheral Neuropathy. I was discharged 5 days later. I was able to walk correctly within a few weeks. The fatigue, muscle weakness, irritability, ect. has contiuned. I have no pre-existing medical conditions. I have always been healthly. Although, I have a very strong family history of autoimmune disorder(mom,grandmother,aunt,-lupus,Scleroderma,raynaud's)I tested negative. Every blood work I had came back negative. 2 months later my M.D. order EBV and CMV test. I was told that my titers where very high and I was diagnosed with CFS. I was reffered to and infectious control M.D., who diagnosed me now with Chronic EBV, but he said the EBV
    was not caused by the flu injection, no comment on CFS.
    Question-Is CFS and CAEBV the same? Could stress be a factor? Has anyone else had this experience? I know that the injection caused my illness, I have always been healthy. How do I find a M.D. that has the expertise?

Shawshane
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]
  2. shawshane

shawshane New Member

Wonderful board, share your knowledge. Received flu injection x 4months ago. developed swelling, and a raised lumb measuring 8cmX8cm, I later developed numbness, muscle spasms, and weakness.Within 24 hours I was in the ICU with a diagnosis of Guillian Barr. The neurological work-up was negative. The diagnosis was changed to Idopathic Peripheral Neuropathy. I was discharged 5 days later. I was able to walk correctly within a few weeks. The fatigue, muscle weakness, irritability, ect. has contiuned. I have no pre-existing medical conditions. I have always been healthly. Although, I have a very strong family history of autoimmune disorder(mom,grandmother,aunt,-lupus,Scleroderma,raynaud's)I tested negative. Every blood work I had came back negative. 2 months later my M.D. order EBV and CMV test. I was told that my titers where very high and I was diagnosed with CFS. I was reffered to and infectious control M.D., who diagnosed me now with Chronic EBV, but he said the EBV
    was not caused by the flu injection, no comment on CFS.
    Question-Is CFS and CAEBV the same? Could stress be a factor? Has anyone else had this experience? I know that the injection caused my illness, I have always been healthy. How do I find a M.D. that has the expertise?

Shawshane
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]
  3. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

Shawshane, I was doing a search for Peripheral Neuropathy and your post was one of many that pulled up. I read it and realized that no one had ever responded to it. I'm sure it was an oversight on everyone's part, a post can be buried quickly when several are posted at the same time.

If you're still reading this board, how are you now? Did you ever find the cause of your problems? I hope you're feeling better these days.

NightAngel