FM, Tummy tuck, blood Clots Surgery Recovery please advise...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Oct 11, 2006.

  1. Kimba4318

    Kimba4318 New Member

    HI friends - just spoke to insuirance company about a preauthorization on a surgery I need. To try & make a longs story short...
    Had plastic surgery in 2001 (tummy tuck & breast lift with implants)
    Resulted in a staff infection.
    My stomach had to be "cleaned out" and I do mean with a scalple (sp). In the process, they cut a nerve and I was left with a huge indentation in my stomache and severe nerve pain. I had mastitis (infection of the left breast approx. 6 times before they agreed to remove the implants)

    A plastic surgeon said that he would do a scar revision and remove part of that nerve and then put padding (more fat from lots of other places can be used (hopefully my butt! LOL) He would then "sew" the skin together and leave me without a cave in my stomache as it is now. The padding will cushion the nerve.

    I also had a blood clot in my lungs after all of these infections - 1 year later. It's been a heck of a ride!

    I am just concerned now that the insurance is approving this, that I will be so sick afterwards or infected again. There is also a pain management issue that I guess I will have to speak to the doctor about - I am in pain now, and won't forget the pain of the 1st tummy tuck anytime soon.

    How do you all recover from surgery now that you have the FM. What measures do you take. Any advice???

  2. Kimba4318

    Kimba4318 New Member

  3. 1faith

    1faith New Member

    thats overwhelming really. I can ONLY imagine you are afraid of the nightmare that happened before. I don't know if there's anything you can do to ensure a good outcome anymore than what you already know-be in the best health you can BEFORE you have the surgery. Be comfortable with your decision before you do anything-try not to go into this expecting a bad outcome. And if you believe in prayer-pray before you do anything!
  4. Kimba4318

    Kimba4318 New Member

    yes, I will definately be saying my prayers.... I NEED it done, to atleast help with the nerve pain - so I will have to be hopeful that it will help wiht that.

    Geez - wish there would be a surgery to make the rest of me feel better :)
    Thanks for the advice!
  5. carebelle

    carebelle New Member

    Oh Kim my heart goes out to you. You are going threw terrible problems right now.

    I need a tummy tuck also and keep putting it off cause I'm just a big chicken.I'm affraid of any added pain from anything else.I also need a breast reduction .I have so many problems with my FM/CFS that I am scarried to death to have any surgery right now.

    Well you are in my prayers today I hope things work out for you soon .
  6. Kimba4318

    Kimba4318 New Member

    Thanks carabelle - you are too sweet. Some people have very great outcomes, just not me in this situation. I am waiting for the doc to call back - I think they want to do it Dec 18th.
    That is too close to Christmas for me, as I do not want to ruin anything for my kids - so I will see if they can do it in November or wait until January.
    Thank you for your sweet thoughts - I appreciate it!

[ advertisement ]