FM What Caused it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by believe3513, Jun 3, 2009.

1. believe3513

believe3513 New Member

For me after my second back operation very very bad infection set in. I was on antibiotics for about 45 days then the FM started?
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

a Hysterectomy put me in a horrible flare again, after doing pretty well for about 3 or 4 years. now im struggling worse than when i first got sick.

i think long surgerys along with all the anesthesia & stuff they give us can put us in an awful flare.
    it's been a little over a year, and im starting to see small imporvements, but am talking a ton of supps & not really doing anything, i even had to quit working :(

Hope your feeling better soon
  3. meedmo42

meedmo42 New Member

I have a number of friends who have back problems which they have surgery for over and over and no success. One lady has had 4 surgeries and still has pain. If it is Fibro, I don't think any surgery helps as the problem is in the muscle and soft tissue area. Arthritis in the joints and spine can probably contribute to the pain, but I don't believe any surgery will cure the problem. But many doctors still don't believe in this disease and think the only way to treat anything is to treat the things they can find by x-ray and blood tests (arthritis, for example). I have an excellent doctor who knows what I am going through and works with me on things that help me to get through each day with as little pain and disability as possible. No surgery for me!!
    Mary E.