Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alibama, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Alibama

Alibama New Member

When I asked about it being this months ago he said no but this last time he thinks maybe so. He did the pressure points and I have them in my neck shoulders, back and knee. The tramadol I have been taking for 15 years for back pain and it is wonderful. I would not be able to get up and work without it. But it does nothing for this neck pain. I am just so frustrated. Everyday I have to talk myself into going to work in the morning.

Thanks for responding to my message.

Does physical therapy help any of you?
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

But like so many other treatments, what works for some doesn't work for others.

I would suggest that you ask your doctor for a definative diagnosis. This will help you greatly if in the future you need to rely on disability payments. Not that I wish that on anyone, it's very hard to lose the ability to work. But, honestly you may need it in the future, and if you don't, well tha would be great, but the diagnosis can still help you with treatment.

I can relate to your work situation. It's so very hard. Hard to live in chronic pain and try to push yourself to work. Eventually, I learned that work was too much for me, and was hindering my health. I do hope you can continue to work, but please do ask for some relief from your pain!

Just a lil' hint, it may be better to respond to the responses on the origninal thread rather than making a new one. That way people can see the whole thing, rather than bits and peices and can relate and help better.

I wish you relief soon.
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

PT did help me somewhat with my neck problems.
    Just very gentle head movements,and arm lifts. (or arm circles) Not alot at first! cause you can agravate your neck muscles easily.
    I sware by using a heated up 'beanie'
    those wraps filled with some kind of grains that can be heated in the microwave.
    hope this has helped~