fmfriend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Dec 2, 2006.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I saw you had trouble w/ the computer; losing a post you spent a long time on.

I don't know too much about computers. Well, they didn't have them when I was born. Didn't have ball point pens either.

Anyway, Carla nl does know a lot about computers. She said when you spend a long time on a post, the computer sort of forgets about you, and the post gets lost.

If you know how to paste and cut you can avoid this problem. If you don't know, I can tell you here or maybe someone at your home can show you.

Instead of typing your post here, type it as tho you were writing a letter. After you've written a few paragraphs move them to "draft". That way, even if it's a long letter, you will never lose more than a few paragraphs.

When the post is all done, cut and paste it onto the message board.

No more lost posts!

Good luck.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/03/2006]
  2. larryh

larryh New Member

Rock,

Good idea plus if you type your post up in a word processor and then copy and paste you can use the spell check which seems to be something a lot of us can use these days.

Larry
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

That's where the tall corn grows!

Where is winterset? I am more familar w/ the NE part of Iowa since I grew up in SE MN. Born in Decorah, tho.

Yes, wish I had spell check for everything, but it only works on letters w/ my machine.