FMLA Approval Letter At Work Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Jan 20, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

I just got my FMLA approval letter from work today, but there was a caveat stating that if I went over the allotted time (12 weeks) and that if I didn't work consistently after that, then the commander of the command I work for said he would persue my termination from federal service.

He leaves in July of this year, and after he leaves, I may just give him a piece of my mind. FMLA is the law. He didn't really do me any favors. I have doctors who have given me supportive documentation. If he had disapproved it, I would have filed a grievance against him.

I've always been an excellent employee until these past few years. Even before when I was sick, I would drag to work, but lately, I just don't have the energy some days to make it.

I was happy to get the letter, but I feel as if I'm being treated like a criminal for being sick. I don't deserve it.

For any of you that pray, please pray for this man. I cannot believe the lack of compassion in many people.
    I know they have a "mission", but if you're too sick to work, what do you do? I've been an excellent employee for many years, and I don't think his intimidating letter to me was appropriate.

Does he think I don't have options? I have worked for the Army for 22 years. I could try for disability retirement if I was bad enough. Hopefully, that will never need to happen.

I have never been insubordinate and never would. I respect authority. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised. They don't believe soldiers get gulf war syndrome either.

I decided to apply for a job that would be a promotion. I talked to the hiring supervisor and told her that if I made the referral list for the job, and I was hired, that this is what I've been going through and I wanted her to know before hand. She said "it's O.K." There's no problem here.

So, its up to God now. If its the door he wants me to walk through, then I will get the job. If not, then I will stay and continue to "Bloom Where I'm Planted".

I really don't want the added stress of a new job, but if it works out, then I believe it was meant for me.

We will see in time.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Hugs,
    Kendra
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm glad you got your FMLA approved, too! Are you a civilian employee with the Army, or are you a member of the Army itself? Just curious.
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'm a civilian employee.