fmqueen {Jan/RN} Thanks for Your Response

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by catgal, Aug 10, 2003.

1. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Jan~~I appreciated your response to my post. Yes, I am 54 and have had FM/CFS since my teens. However, three years ago my back went to hell, and I have degenerative disc disease, 3 discs completely gone, bulging disc, herniated disc, 2 shattered vertebrae, and multiple other back problems which cause me alot of pain. I take oxy, percocet, soma, klonopin, and bextra for my back pain which also helps tremendously with the FM. And, I take Enada [NADH] for the CFS. I also have classified life-threatening asthma, allergies, IBS, osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. I take other meds for the asthma/allergies.

I just never should have attempted to make such a long drive. When I returned home, I was a mess and sick with what turned out to be strep throat, thrush, severe bronchitis, low oxygen level, kidney infection, back/FM/CFS/arthritis flares, and physical exhaustion. My physician wanted to put me in the hospital, but I begged him to just load me up with whatever meds I needed and let me go home. He reluctantly did, but only because he was going on vacation next week and wouldn't be there to treat me in the hospital.

AND, he was understanding about my having to use additional oxy & percocet to make the trip and went ahead and filled my scripts a week early. So that worked out.

Now....to just recover and get well. I've been bedridden for days now still having difficulty eating, swallowing, and feel nauseated when I take the antibiotic and diflucan. The antibiotic is huge, and I can only take half of it at a time. I am really fighting the nausea, however, my doctor also gave me phenergan for the nausea.

Jan, I am supposed to take 2 of these huge antibiotics a day, but because of the nausea I am only able to take a half of one in the morning and a half at night, therefore, only taking a total of 1 for the day. I've only got today and tomorrow to get back on my feet as I have to go to work Tuesday through Thursday next week--but right now it feels like it's going to take another week for me to be up and around. I need some fast healing here!

Any suggestions on how I can speed up this process especially with the antibiotic--getting the 2 down a day I'm supposed to while avoiding the nausea? I'm doing the easy food routine, drinking alot of liquids, and resting. The oxy, percocet, & soma are taking care of the pain and spasms. I'm taking the 1mg Klonopin at night, but not sleeping well for some reason. Usually the klonopin & soma I take at night put me right to sleep. But this antibiotic and diflucan is giving me fits. Any ideas?

"Thank You" for your response and for caring. It brightened my day. I hope you are doing well and having a good weekend. Blessings to You, Carol....