FMQUEEN'S Questions Answered

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, I got your e-mail. You asked:

What is a URL?

A URL is the complete address to a website. For example, this website is called Immune Support. The URL is www.immunesupport.com. By typing the URL into the Address Window above, it will take you to the website, usually to the Home Page. We are not allowed to post URL's here and when Shirl and I see them, we edit them out.

What is a bump?

Whenever a post is replied to, it bumps it back up to the top of the page. Sometimes a post will get ready to roll over to Page 2 before anyone can see it or respond. You can "bump" it back up to the top by replying to it. We often just say we are bumping a post so others can see it.

Why are some posts edited?

There are two ways a post gets edited. You can edit you own post yourself by clicking on the word "Edit" next to the post if you want to add something or change the post. You can only edit your own post. When you do this, there is a notation to the fact that the post was edited.

A moderator can edit a post without the automatic notation. We usually edit posts to remove URL's. When Shirl or I do this, we will make our own notation that the URL was removed. It is against the rules to post URL's because ProHealth cannot be responsible for the content of other websites.

There is a lot of information if you click on board rules or information for new members in small blue print at the top of the page.

I hope this answers your questions. If not, ask away. I did not find your post with these questions, so I just decided to answer directly to you here.

Love, Mikie
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

It will say edit/delete next to your posts whenever you're logged in. If it doesn't say edit/delete, you're probably only logged in as guest (though I think you have to log in to read now, so this shouldn't ever happen).
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, that is correct. When you come to the board, you are logged in as "guest." In order to use the facilities of the board, you must log in. When you are logged in, your posts can be deleted or edited by you.

Love, Mikie