FMrelated chest pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MandaJ, Aug 26, 2008.

1. MandaJ

MandaJ New Member

I've had ongoing issues with chest pain and my doctor seems to think it is related to the FM. I've had tons of tests done on my heart and it is fine, but the muscles in my chest wall are always inflamed and sore.

Today I haven't done much of anything to get my system too riled up, but I'm having soreness and almost a tightness on the right side of my chest.

I'm hoping I am not the only going through this. I feel like I'm going crazy and that my doctor is worthless!
  2. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

a condition called costochondritis. It is an inflamation of the ligaments near the sternum...where your top rib or ribs are connected to the sternum. Can be VERY painful.

For some reason, it seems to be very common with FM. Put costo, or costochondritis in search bar and you should come up with quite a bit weighing in on it.
  3. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I get this chest pain off and on and for me it feels like an achyness and it was one of my first places that hurt when I got this dd.

Gentle hugs, Susan
  4. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

It onky happens once in a while ( knock on wood). I take a couple of asprin and it goes away. I am glad you posted this thread.

5. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I get this all the time and think I'm having a heart attack. All my heart test are fine just had an EKG yesterday so that made me feel better.

Chest pain is list on the CDC's report of symptoms for CFID.

Maybe a warm shower would help the pain.

Your doctor is not worthless he is correct with his DX.

6. MandaJ

MandaJ New Member

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. It seems to be worse since school started back up and I'm carrying a gazillion books in my book bag. My doc gave me Ultram to try since ibuprofen makes my stomach hurt so much.

Thank you all for the support! Sometimes it's easy to feel alone in this struggle.