FMS AND CFS linked

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by encantare, Sep 7, 2006.

1. encantare

encantare New Member

I just learned that the experts believe FMS and CFS are the same illness, it just manifests itself differently in different people. Anyone else heard this?
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Yep, we have!

Fondly, June
  3. encantare

encantare New Member

My question then becomes...some people have both...what causes it to manifest both ways in some people and not in others? I guess that's the REAL question every one is trying to answer...
  4. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Well, I did hear one dr say that CFS and FMS were the same thing, that they hit a person at the same time. He didn't have any answer to my question "Then why, if CFS and FMS are the same thing, do they have two separate names?"

And...moving onward...it seems that CFS and FMS are also called M E, short for myalgic encephalitis AND myalgic encephalomyelitis.

So. Since I seem to be totally confused as to what to call this semi-set concrete I'm in up to my hips and still trying to walk, can someone PLEASE un-confuse me?

This d'd is difficult enough to deal with, without having to tote around a medical dictionary in order to decide what in the world to call it. Them. Whatever.

Thanks,
    Lea.