FMS and immune system dysfunction

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krissy888, Mar 29, 2006.

1. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me the effects of FMS on the immune system?
    I never get sick and I am always around sicknesses so I am thinking that my immune system is in overdrive.

Is this usually the case with FMS and CFS? How do you get your immune system regulated back to normal? Not that I want to get sick but I am trying to get pregnant and don't want my immune system to attack my embryos.

Thanks so much, Kris
  2. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

I wanted to bump this question up, hoping someone would know.
  3. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

There is a theory that with FMS the immune system becomes immbalanced... part is in overdrive, and part doesn't work very well. I think it is called TH1/TH2 disregulation.

Personally I find that I don't get many colds or flu, but my body doesn't seem to fight funguses. I've had a case of thrush for 10 years, and no treatments have been able to kill it off.

I don't think your embryo would be in danger. I've never heard of any problem with immune system and pregnancy.

I found info on the net about the immune disfunction in FMS, but I filed it away somewhere. I will repost if I can find the site.
  4. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I have only heard that it can bring on a flare to you, no trouble with baby.

Lupus can do the same.

Claudia
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

that Fibromyalgia is not an immune system disease, but is a central nervous system problem,anamplified pain disorder.I Think it was in one of the articles on the board.Linda