FMS and locations

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PaulBe, Nov 22, 2007.

1. PaulBe

PaulBe New Member

I want to share info with you> I have a CFS/FMS Yahoo group, which
    discusses how we feel in various parts of the world.

Mainly I hear from people with CFS. I have heard from a few people
    with Fibro. Most people with CFS and several with Fibro, were in
    good health when in the Caribbean (I am not sure that going to Bahamas
    or Florida brings the full benefit.)

I wish I heard from more travellers with Fibro, so we could get a
    more clear picture.

Happy U.S. Thanksgiving.

- Paul.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2008]
  2. desertsun

desertsun New Member

Hi Paul,
    I have found in Palm Springs Ca helped me so much. I don't have any pain their. I do think the desert and the dry climate helps with Fibro. Every time I go to Ca it is the same in Palm Springs. I have always wondered if I stayed for a while what would happen. Would I still be out of pain? I feel like myself again. I have had Fibro for 14 years. I take lyrica for the burning and this helps me.Go to Palm Springs and see if this does the same for you. This is why I use the name Desertsun.

God Bless

3. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

great to relocate or go visit a different climate. Unfortunately, my vocation and finances prevent it.

I would love to hear what you have to say about different climates, though.

Love and hugs.

4. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

I have CFS and Fibro. I live in the DFW area of Texas, where I feel awful and spend half of my time bedridden.

We spend time in New Mexico, where I consistently feel human. Guess where we are moving?

5. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

I have Fibro and MPS and TMJ I dont get out much but i live in GRass valley ca and if you wanna send me to a warm climant to see if my symptoms change im all for it just let me know when I leave Tam

LOl ps my hubby has to come too.
  6. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I lived in MO and AR and decided that I needed a warmer dryer climate so twice we moved to Arizona. Why twice, the first place did help for a very short time but then I was worse there then back home. Later we went to a different part of high desert and the same thing. The too dry seemed to make me worse.

I then went to Florida for a few months, ah winter in Florida, NOT.

I now live in WA state and I have only grown worse over the past 7 years.

My advice is: Unless you can afford to move and move again don't start.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/24/2007]
  7. natesmommie1

natesmommie1 New Member

I moved from maine to arkansas,since being here i've had around 40 sinus infections.i have decided to move back ro mainebecause i hurt as much here as i did at home in maine
  8. PaulBe

PaulBe New Member

Thanks for your thoughts people !

I wish I had an easy cure for every one. Southwestern US and Florida seem to help some people to varying degrees. However, for many (perhaps most !)
    of us, there is a huge improvement when we get to the Carribbean area
    (not the Bahamas, but Cuba, the Yucatan, Aruba, ec).

When in the US and Canada, my life was worthless when I had CFS. Being
    in the Carribean has allowed myself and others to enjoy some good health.
    A huge bonus is that I can afford to live normally here ! I could tell I was well from the first day I ever spent here.

I am sorry this is not publicized more, but no company is going to make money on this, so perhaps the powers that be don't care.

There are some very affordable package deals at times. You might want to avoid hurricane season.

I have heard similar reports from the Philipines and Thailand.

- Paul.
  9. honeybell

honeybell New Member

hi paul-

i have fms and have lived in florida all of my 45 yrs.

travel provides opportunity to discover if my pain sees any improvement, tho i also have to take the travel itself into consideration. this can obviously increase my symptoms.

i can offer this - my three trips to the bahamas have not caused any increase in symptoms, in fact, i don't recall having some of my everyday pain.

crusises in the carribean are challenging, but this may be due to the anxiety i feel when on board.

visits to north of the mason-dixon line :) , tho i loooove the north are absolutely impossible for me during any cold weather. period.

hope this helps! gentle hugs,
  10. honeybell

honeybell New Member

paul, i forgot to mention florida weather.

i know when it will rain without turning to the weather channel. pain, pain, pain.

strangely enough, or perhaps not, the wind is terrible for me. causes extreme anxiety and tension...i've never understood this.

hurricane season is as you probably know. like others, i feel like a human barometer.

the heat is helpful, except at the end of the summer when the weather becomes extremely active.

11. PaulBe

PaulBe New Member

I also know when it is going to rain and I feel poorly. That aside, I suspect some of you are putting too much weight on climate and I suspect more strongly you are putting too much weight on the US.

Are there many people in the south western US who are so well that their
    CFS/FMS does not stop them from leading normal lives ? I have not yet heard of such cases.

From what I hear the US, Canada, the UK, northern Europe are generally
    not good places for us. When some one finds they are well in say, Denver,
    I am delighted and hope Denver works for more of you.

Otherwise, I hope more of you try an inexpensive visit to the Caribbean. It may the best place for you, though I am not sure that the climate is the cause of the good health there.

- Paul.
  12. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

I live in New England and definitely feel worse during the winter. Each year I spend two weeks in Aruba and notice a change for the better in my symptoms.
  13. melloinlife

melloinlife New Member

Hi, where about in Maine, I am from Maine also and have a real hard time with the weather. I have FMS/CFS and OA so I sem to be battling the weather all the time.

14. PaulBe

PaulBe New Member

I am not sure why but the good effects of being in the Caribbean
    stopped working for me. Now I am only good there for the first
    few days.

Still, I hope some of you try it, as you might find that is
    the place where you are healthy. I had a lot of months of health

Yesterday I bought a bracelet with magnets. I am
    feeling much better but don't know how long it will
    work for.
  15. agcgmom

agcgmom New Member

I have FMS and I live in IL. I always feel better when we travel to a warm climate with a beach in the winter. The warm sun feels heavenly! We only go for a week at at time so I don't know if staying longer would be different.