FMS and MPS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tcpolchies, Dec 18, 2005.

1. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

My doc recently said MPS and FMS are catorgized as same as FMS. She said this was new change. Anyone know anything about this?

T~
  2. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

MmmM,..try explaining this to my doc. She recently told my that they are the same dx and problem. Of course I tried to correct her but was unsuccessful. The chronic URI have gotten worse and my doc suggested an MRI of my sinus cavity. Been on antibiotics four times this year. The nasal spray helped very little. I'm still hacking up a lot of gunk clear and some times yellowish. The rt side of my ear is very sore and I can feel inflammation around my chest, throat, face and ears.

Tired of not being bale to breath well and loosing sleep to this.

T~
  3. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

There's quite a bit of controversy out there about this, actually --- some docs/experts make a clear distinction between FMS and MPS, others consider MPS to be one of the symptoms of FMS.

I'm becoming more convinced that MPS is actually a subset/symptom of FMS, based on my reading. It certainly is possible to have MPS and not have the whole bag of symptoms of FMS, which is why some folks consider it a seperate dianosis entirely -- but very often the two occur together.

In any case, I just wish they'd cure the darn things!
  4. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

What I have noticed is my FMS did in fact lead to MPS. I have been DX with both. First the FMS and CFS in 1997 then in 2003 I was DX with having MPS, (on top of other dx's) and now DDD and finally a ovarian cyst, is added to the list.

What makes me upset is that I know that my immune system is compromised as I catch just about any little thing and ultimately end up have the flare of the century on top of a secondary infection. But my GP seems to disagree and says it has nothing to do with FMS. I totally bed to differ as in the past I would rarely catch colds and such. Since I came down with FMS Im weak in all areas.

T~