FMS/CFS and a toddler

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by code34me, Apr 12, 2006.

1. code34me

code34me New Member

AAAAAAWWWWWW! I cant keep up with him! He has Sensory Intregration Dysfunction (very high maitenance!) He is very smart and loving but... has alot of hang ups like anything getting on him freaks him out, has to have everything in it's place, does not do transitions very well and talks and thinks 24/7! Plus a teenage daughter who wants me to take her and her friends to the mall, movies or school functions ect...!!!!!!!

Mommy's how do you do it???? I feel like a whimp!!!

Take care of you! Codey
    [This Message was Edited on 04/12/2006]
  2. lease79

lease79 New Member

How do I do it... Hmmm.....
    I get other people to take them to netball, basketball practice, guides etc... When I am not capable. I don't push anymore, or I fall flat on my face.
    I potter around & do what I can. Nothing more. I learnt along time ago that if I continued to 'push' then I would totally burn out & be useless to anyone for months.
    The kids know that there is something about their Mummy that is different to everyone else's Mummies, but I've always been this way, so they don't question it.
    I pushed past my boundaries the other day & nearly passed out whilst up at the school. Talk about embarrasing. Head between my legs in the office with Ethan running amok & 3 other kids looking for me.
    I'm really lucky I have good friends willing to help me out when I need it.
    ~*Hugs*~ my lot are 7, 6 3/4, 5 this month & 3 this month. So not quite toddlers anymore, but I've until now always had a toddler & a baby, so I remember what it was like ;)

Lisa
  3. code34me

code34me New Member

Thanks Lisa! I am so amazed at moms with more than one little child, especially having FM or CFS! Mine woke my up this am saying "Mommy I need some playdough!" That was the first thing out of his mouth after he opened his eyes. Then he wanted me to help him build a robot and I told him I was still trying to wake up. He looked at me funny ann said "silly mommy you are already awake!" I told him not really and he just looked at me for a bit thinking. LOL

I can hardly move in the morning my pain and stiffness is so bad :(

When you said you had your head between your legs at the school trying not to pass out I could so relate! I took off to Wal-Mart the other day and it is far away for me and when I got there I felt I could not do it and kinda got panicky (SP?) My son ways saying "Yeah we at Wal-Mart!" he loves it there. I got through it with a little ativan :)

Anyways thanks Lisa for the reply this is the hardest part of my FM and CFS for me. I always feel so guilty for the way I feel but I have always felt guilty for everything was programed that way :)

Take care of you! Codey/Carol
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

It is rough!!
    But they are precious are'nt they??

I have 3 children.
    3 BOYS may I add !! lol
    Thankfully the first 2 were always easy/happy,and slept well children. The last child was colicky,and just demanded every second of my time!(maybe thats why he was last!!LOL)
    Its sad but I can recall so many times being so overwhelmed with Motherhood and my illness,..that I'd wish for them to grow up.
    Just so they'd be more independent and not so needing of me. Because its just so exhausting!!!
    even now,..they are all in school days,...I don't get alot done before I collapse.

I understand how hard it is.
    Wishing you better days ahead :)
    your not a wimp at all.

Hugs
    Tandy