FMS/CFS WELLNESS GROUP IN INDIANAPOLIS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I am so excited! I've been going to a Wellness Group (instead of "support" group) for FMS/CFS here in Indy. We meet twice a month at St. Vincent Hospital on 86th Street. It's geared toward getting well and learning how to deal with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and environmental illnesses. Tonight I met with the leader of the group and one other member. We went over topics to discuss and speakers. I'm going to contact one of the local women's magazines to see if they'll come to the group and hopefully write an article. We're also going to put up posters in different places - health food stores, doctor's offices, health clubs. We also have speakers who talk about alternative ways of healing. I am so psyched up tonight about the way the group is going! We're all at different stages in our road to recovery, and it just makes me feel so positive for a change! I was feeling so sick last week - I went back to 600 mg. of Neurontin and am feeling so much better now! I hope this lasts!!!!!

PLEASE - I'm inviting everyone who is from Indianapolis and the surrounding area to come to a meeting. The next one will be Tuesday, August 12th, 6:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Hospital on 86th Street, in the basement past the cafeteria. I won't be at that meeting, but I'll be at the next one on August 26th (same time, same place).

Annette2
  2. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

Hello
    I lived in Indiana for 48 years and now live in Arizona.
    My favorite dr. is my rheumatologist who has an office on N Meridian Street---where you are talking about.
    I can't find a rheum here after only being here for 6 months.
    I was in Indiana in June and went back to see him.
    I am assuming that you go to the same group. Rhuematology Associates??
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

My doctor is Denise Thornberry. Her office now is at the Methodist Plaza on Meridian and 103rd Street. She's with the Arthritis Care Center (I think that's the name). Who was your rheumy? The wellness group I'm with is not connected with any physician or medical group.

Annette2
  4. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

she used to be in their practice, didn't she?
    i remember seeing that name on the bills.
    i have gone to dr. staley for years--at one time he had an office at greenwood he would be at once a week and that was closer to where i lived.
    then he moved to illinois for a couple of years and i had to see a rheum where i lived and he did nothing for me.
    i was so glad when dr staley came back
    i will continue seeing him whenever i go back to indy to visit.
  5. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I've only been seeing Dr. Thornberry for 5 years, since I was diagnosed with FMS. When I first started seeing her she was at the Hand Center on Harcourt. Then she left there and went up to 91st Street and Meridian. Now she's at 103rd and Meridian. I don't know Dr. Staley. Where did you live?

Annette2
  6. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

I lived in Columbus, Indiana for 48 yrs. I just turned 49 in June.
    When I was first diagnosed by a rheum in 87 his name was Dr Batt---i think that is where i remember the name thornberry--
  7. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I've heard that name before. I don't know him though. I really like Dr. Thornberry. She's very nice and helps me a lot with this DD!

Annette2
  8. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Where do you live? In your bio it said you live in Indianapolis. I'm sorry Dr. Thornberry "dumped" you. Did you ever get an exact diagnosis? I think I'm one of the lucky ones. When I thought I had FMS I went to her, she diagnosed me right away and that was that. I haven't seen her in a while because I've been exploring "alternate" therapies. I have been debating whether I should make an appointment to see her or not. Let me know if you'd like to talk to the person in charge of the Wellness Group. Maybe you can talk to her on the phone.

Annette2
  9. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

hello
    could you tell me why your sed rate is 90------
    mine is usually in the mid 40's
    also, i am really curious---why did your choose the name--papertowel?
    what side of indy do you live in?
    the only thing i miss about indiana is the shopping at greenwood and castleton--and some other areas, but where i am now--there is so much to see--i haven't seen half of this city i am sure-but, you would not believe the differece in your body living in INdiana and moving to Arizona---
  10. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

thanks for answering my questions--hope you don't think i was too nosey.
    i used to go to greenwood all the time. i love the town.
    i don't know why, but when i see papertowel i just start laughing.lol
    do you have a good rheum? i will read your bio and go back and see what you wrote about your rhuem---cause mine at Rhuem Assoc--is great
    i hate this finding new doctors.
    yes, you notice alot of difference in the dry weather.
    the only problem i am having right now is it is monsoon season so for only a couple of months there is humidity and some rain---but the rain is nothing like indiana--it rains for a very short time and then the sun comes back out.
    so i am in alot of pain now--my hands are really all swollen and i feel horrible--i will read yours and see if you have RA-since your sed rate is so high.
    i have never had this much swelling in my fingers. i saw my rheum when i was back in indiana in june, but now it is just different.
    he treated me for fibro, osteoarthritis, and osteoporsis