FMS chronic sinus problems = dizziness problems?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly83, Apr 16, 2007.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Has anyone ever research whether some of the chronic sinus issues that many of FMS patients experience could be a cause of, or related to the dizziness issues we also have?

I know, in my case, I have pretty much constant issues with my sinuses, and frequent sinus infections. I also, because of my problems with dizziness and focusing while in motion, have not been able to drive my car for awhile now. I haven't had the money (no health insurance) to pursue any answers on whether I have blockages or something in my sinuses, with an MRI, and an ENT doctor. But I was just wondering the other day whether these two symptoms of mine could be inter-related. Congestion can sometimes get fluid into your inner ears, which can lead to problems with dizziness and vertigo so.. I'm not sure whether this is a valid thought or not, so I was hoping someone here might have had a similar experience and could give me their advice. :)

Thanks guys
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

I don't have any answers for you. Just bumping, hoping that someone else may.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Please read my bio, maybe 1/4 of the way down, where I talk about BPPV.

If you do a title search for

BPPV

you might be able to find some more information that I've written.

Let me know if you have questions.

Best, Lisa
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I bunped a thread called "Anyone with Vestibular Disorder?" by foyboyfoy.
  5. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I don't know if this will help. I was in a car accident which resulted in dizziness. My neurologist said that it was caused by a couple of things by my head being shaked and chrystals being released in my inner ears which will cause balance and dizziness problems. Also, my neck was injured along the sides of my neck and when you put pressure even on my neck the dizziness would get worse. Unfornutately for you there can be many or reasons that cause dizziness including medications that you maybe taking. If there is inner ear problems it can cause dizziness however, as I am not a doctor and so many things can cause this you really need to see a doctors to rule out anything serious.
  6. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

7. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I was told by a friend with sinus problems and a doctor I'm seeing now that sinus problems can cause dizziness. Unfortunately, that's all I know. I don't know what can take care of the sinus problems.