FMS heriditary???????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ponygirl, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

I know Ive seen something on this before but...... recieved a e-mail today from my sister asking me about this DD. She has had bursitus ect and it's finally occuring to her she may have FMS too. Cant say for sure if my mom had it as she passed away 10 years ago, but she always complained of hurting all over. Just wonder if there is a link???
  2. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

I know Ive seen something on this before but...... recieved a e-mail today from my sister asking me about this DD. She has had bursitus ect and it's finally occuring to her she may have FMS too. Cant say for sure if my mom had it as she passed away 10 years ago, but she always complained of hurting all over. Just wonder if there is a link???
  3. SrayGrrl

SrayGrrl New Member

Hi, I am new on the board. I have had CFIDS since puberty. When I got FM, I was 30 and became disabled. I am 35. My Mom is now disabled with it and my sister, 15yo, complains of hurting all over. On the other side of my family, the girls have thyroid and water retention problems.
    I would say that it is a endocrine (metabolism) disease with a hereditary pre-disposition component. THat is just my humble opinion.
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

My mom has FM as well as myself.If it is heriditary,
    maybe my one sister thats always been a B***h will get it someday??oops!I just smiled at the thought!How evil!!!Shame on me!lol Sorry people.......just thinking outloud~
    Best to all of us,
    Tracey
  5. Myth

Myth New Member

My doc told me that it is hereditary, that is it tends to run in families but is not genetic. I know that my dad has FMS as well and an aunt. That side of the family has a lot of similar conditions; lupus, MS and that sort of thing.
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

HI--I am 45 and have cfs and fm....my younger sister (43)exhibits all the symptoms of cfs, but has not been dx'd, yet. My mother died when she was 48, and had very similar health problems that both my sister and I have. This was prior to the medical knowledge now available.
    Karen
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My Mom had FMS, I have CFS/FMS, and both my daughters have FMS. There may be an infectious factor at work too which would make FMS "contageous" for those individuals with the predisposition.

Gulf War Vets with GWI have sick family members and even family pets. The infectious agents at work in both GWI and a high percent of people with our illnesses are mycoplasmas. During the active stage of the mycoplasma infection, it can be transmitted; then it goes into a chronic, stealth form which is very, very difficult to get rid of.

It was a mycoplasma infection which triggered my illnesses. It happened at the start of the Gulf War and I lived next to a military installation.

Love, Mikie
  8. lease79

lease79 New Member

pretty sure my Mum has FMS undiagnosed, her older sister has CFS & is diagnosed & I have CFS/FMS, though the FMS wasn't properly diagnosed I'd say I have more problems with the FMS than the CFS.

Lease
  9. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

I think it is, I am certain my daughter is on the way to gettin cfs. She always has infections and she is often telling me about new symptoms, all of which are typical of this illness. She is often tired after work and needs to sleep for an hour to recover.She does not like me suggesting she may have it also.
  10. sybil

sybil New Member

i don't know a single family member and i have lots of them,aunts uncles cousins,that have FM CFS.
    before i was DX'd i had never heard of it,

sybilxxx
  11. karen55

karen55 New Member

of my family have it, including my mom and cousin. We now think that this is one of the things my grandma had before she passed away.

[ advertisement ]