FMS I am getting the most wonderful Christmas present

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aquabugs, Dec 15, 2006.

1. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

With my FMS, I've been experiencing really aggravating hip, shoulder, and neck pain. I dread going to bed at night because I know I will toss and turn and wake up so stiff and sore I can barely move in the morning. Aside from the pain, my sleep meds are allowing me a great night's sleep these days.

Hubby has had three back surgeries and is in constant pain too. He is up and down all night, poor thing. Needless to say, that also keeps me from sleeping well.

We went to town yesterday with the idea of trying out new beds.

We bought a Comfor-pedic king set (supposedly an improved version of Tempurpedic, made by a group of the same engineers who split off and formed their own company.

That bed was HEAVEN!!!! The only drawback is that we have to wait until next Tuesday for delivery. We can't wait!!!

We brought home the pillows yesterday and I actually woke up without my usual stiff neck and shoulders this morning.

Sorry, I am so happy I had to share. My hubby is the best!!! I would have settled for a lesser model but he insisted we get the best one because he knows I need good rest.

I just hope it is as good as it seems for sleep!!

Hugs to all

Sylvia
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Getting a new bed can/should make a huge difference in the pain you feel in the mornings.

I hope this one brings you many good night's rest and comfort in the morning.

Happy Holiday Hugs,

Nancy B
  3. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Sounds great! I'll have to try it next time I'm in the market for a mattress.

Be sure to let us know how it works for you when you get it! :)
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

There is nothing like a good nights sleep.
    I think, that no matter what condition you have, sleep can improve how you feel.

My Sis &BIL who live in Oregon, just acquired a Hospital style bed, with a special mattress.
    I can't recall the name right now, even tho, we, me, and DH &DB bought it for them for Christmas. lol.

She is so thrilled, and I am greatly relieved that she found something to help both her and her Hubby.
    The both have a lot of Physical conditions, plus my Sis has FMS,

Let us know, how you feel after you've used it for awhile, I would really like to know and I really would love to read that it works, ;o]

Sweeet Dreams,
    sharonk
  5. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

Thanks for your warm words.

We finally got the bed yesterday. It was fantastic to sleep in...I couldn't find a sleeping position that was painful!

Most mornings I wake up in pain from my hips and shoulders. This morning, I actually woke with NO pain and was able to lay in bed for a while without needing to get up to feel better.

I love it!! Hopefully it will continue to be as comfortable as it is now.

Sylvia
  6. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Two questions for anyone to answer please. First; are those temperpedic beds hot to sleep in?? Secondly; which hotel chain advertises the sleep by number mattresses in their hotels?? I would like to try one out one night. I heard the advertisement the other day but can't remember which hotel it was. Thanks! And once again, hope you enjoy your new mattress!