FMS & Knee Replacement Surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by barbarasdaughter, Aug 26, 2002.

1. barbarasdaughter

barbarasdaughter New Member

Hi. My mom has FMS and had knee replacement surgery 2 weeks ago. She is in unbelievable pain and her knee is very stiff and hard. Her doctor is very unsympathetic and unresponsive. Has anyone else gone through a knee replacement with FMS? Does anyone know what the recovery/therapy period for a patient like this is?? We don't know how much of her pain is just from the knee replacement and how much is FMS related. Any advice/help/similar stories would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Barbara's Daughter
  2. barbarasdaughter

barbarasdaughter New Member

Hi. My mom has FMS and had knee replacement surgery 2 weeks ago. She is in unbelievable pain and her knee is very stiff and hard. Her doctor is very unsympathetic and unresponsive. Has anyone else gone through a knee replacement with FMS? Does anyone know what the recovery/therapy period for a patient like this is?? We don't know how much of her pain is just from the knee replacement and how much is FMS related. Any advice/help/similar stories would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Barbara's Daughter
  3. garlinbarb

garlinbarb New Member

She must have arthritis too...?????
    I really don't know what to tell you, I'm so sorry yur mom is going thru this. Doctors can be such asses!

I will pray for her recovery.

Barb
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Barbara's daughter. We have members here who had surgery and they always go into a Fibro Flare.

One lady had hip surgery, and the pain was unreal after the operation, due to the Fibro.

Your Mom's doctor must help her with the pain. Be persistent, or call the primary doctor, or whoever diagnosed her with Fibro. They will understand what pain she is in.

I hope you get some help for your Mom soon.

Shalom, Shirl