FMS related to TMD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamadellie, Jun 29, 2003.

1. mamadellie

mamadellie New Member

I was very interested to read the article relating FMS later in life with TMD. I have RA and FMS and had very painful bouts with TMD as a teenager.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

I am new to the board and very glad to have found you all.

Adela
  2. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

First of all...Welcome Adela to our world! The board moves so fast sometimes that your message can be overlooked easily so don't feel bad...it happens to us all.

I'm sure many others on the board have both TMD and FMS - if you put TMD or TMJ in the search box you can bring up all the past posts about it. Is the article one that's in the Library?

I have FMS but have not been diagnosed with TMD even though I do have symptoms...my jaw pops whenever a yawn, I clench my teeth, have jaw pain and a slight tremor...like I have the chills when I put my teeth together. The only thing I've found to help the clenching & tremor is Klonopin, low dosage of 1/4 of a .5 tablet so it doesn't make me sleepy.

Hope this helps.
    Blessings,
    Shaky
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I used to clench my teeth at night. After I started taking Klonopin for sleep, .75 mgs at night, I stopped doing it. I also use the 1/4 tablets during the day under my tongue to keep the muscle spasms, sensory overload, racing brain, and other problems under control.

Welcome to the board.

Love, Mikie
  4. only32

only32 New Member

The first mention I ever had of FMS was while having my TMD/TMJ looked into during a flare up of it.

There is a definite link between the two. I know mine now waxes and wanes and my bite guard at night helps. Unfortunatly my inusrance no longer covers anything remotely related to TMD/TMJ.

Karen