FMS SSDI Illness?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tango2, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Tango2

Tango2 New Member

I am applying for SSDI and the phone conversation puzzled me. The person in charge of my claim only asked questions about my anxiety and sleep problems. Never a word about FMS. Is our illness unofficial? I told her that my symptoms were related to FMS but she acted as if it didn't exist and the paperwork that followed only asked questions about by anxiety and high blood pressure. Can anyone tell me if FMS is not a recoginized disability?
  2. Lexied

Lexied New Member

I filed for SSDI 2 years ago and I am still waiting on a ruling from the Administrative Law Judge. When I went to my appeal hearing (after being denied 1st time) the Judge in charge of my case said that Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome were now on the list of dibilitating illnesses that is recognized by SSDI. I was very happy to hear that because I was so afraid I wouldn't be taken seriously!
    I live in Georgia but I'm sure that FM is on the list nationwide. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
  3. mircleear

mircleear New Member

KEEP AFTER THEM AND FIND A GOOD DOC. TO HELP YOU. IT TOOK ME TWO YEARS AND SEVERAL DENIALS BUT WITH THE HELP OF MY DOC. AND LAWYER I HUNG IN THERE. ALSO I LET MY HUSBAND DEAL WITH THEM ON THE PHONE AS THEY WILL TRY TO TRICK YOU I THINK THEY NO SOME TIMES YOUR IN A FOG AND TRY TO MIX YOU UP. IT IS NOT AND EASY PROCESS AND FROM MY EXPERIENCE THEY TRY TO MAKE YOU GIVE UP. DONT. FIGHT THEM EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. ICOULD WRITE A BOOK ON THERE OFFICE PEOPLE.