FMS SUPPORT GROUPS IN RHODE ISLAND??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daytrippersoul, Oct 2, 2006.

1. daytrippersoul

daytrippersoul New Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY "GOOD" SUPPORT GROUPS FOR FMS/CFS AROUND HERE IN RHODE ISLAND? PLEASE REPLY SOON BECAUSE I REALLY AM HAVING A TOUGH TIME AGAIN AND THE SUPPORT GROUPS I WENT TO IN THE PAST JUST WEREN'T ANYTHING BIG DEAL AND NO ONE WAS RELATING TO WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH MY AND MY PAIN.

THANKS BUNCHES!
    STAY WELL AND SMILE :O)

DAYTRIPPERSOUL ---JACKIE
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I am also in RI.....If you call DR Rafael's office in the old Fogarty hospital building in North Smithfield.....I do believe they have one or know of a few.....

I myself cant get out much so I do not bother with finding one.......I no longer drive so it would be a burden on my husband.

Nice to meet you neighbor..
    Sue
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

you might also call to see if there are any arthritis groups... or arthritis doctors may know of some. Did you check the support groups button up above? Also the CDC may know of some. And check with all the hospitals and pain clinics...

hope this helps, Jackie!

4. daytrippersoul

Hi Suzetal! Thank you for replying to my message. I had gone to Dr. Rafael several years ago but he wasn't too much help. -- I really need some support from others who actually KNOW what it FEELS like not only from a physical aspect but from the emotional aspect of having Fibro as well. It just seems that over the past several years it's been tough to find a support group that I really feel comfortable with. There HAS to be one out there and in RI too! -- I have gone to AA meetings with my fiance' and I keep wondering to myself why aren't there those type of meetings for Fibromyalgia people? There should be something like that for Fibro people. But in my findings over the years there has been nothing even CLOSE to anything like AA.
    I'll keep on searchin' though. You take care of yourself!
    Here's to pain free days! :eek:)

Jackie
  5. daytrippersoul

Hi Victoria! I'm going to check out the support groups here on the site to see what I come up with for support groups in RI. -- There just HAS to be a GOOD one out there somewhere!

Thank you for replying to my message! :eek:)

Jackie
  6. daytrippersoul

Suz,
    I have been through Dr.Rafael several years back and I think he's a quack. Had me trying/buying these "herbal" medicines and none of them worked. But....he was setting me up with physical and occupational therapy as well. I never got to go due to having to have surgery (had gallbladder removed in 2002). I was considering going back there but just for the PT and OT. I wonder if I can go there without having to go through Dr. Rafael? I believe I may need a referral from my primary care DR. first. Also I am searching around again for another Rhuemetologist. I started with one..Dr. Digiacomo (he diagnosed me and helped me tremendously after suffering for 8 months not knowing what was wrong with me back in 2000!) But I called back there and he no longer deals with FMS. So the search is on for a new one and one who accepts my insurance which is RI state medicaid. Not easy to find one due in part to that reason. Do you know of any good Rhuemetologists?

I wish you good health and happiness. I wish us ALL good health and pain free days. :eek:)

Love....Jackie