fms symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tes, Oct 15, 2002.

1. tes

tes New Member

I have had fms for about 8 years and in that time I have suffered with horrible pains in my chest and lower ribs. From all the posts on this board I have noticed that alot of people complain about their arms and legs. I don't suffer to badly with this problem and I was wondering if fms has to affect these areas to be legit(sp?). I have fatigue, dry eyes, hiatus hernia, numbing of hands and feet,etc. If someone suffers with symptoms other than pain in arms and legs please let me know. I would sincerly appreciate and info.
    Tes
  2. tes

tes New Member

I have had fms for about 8 years and in that time I have suffered with horrible pains in my chest and lower ribs. From all the posts on this board I have noticed that alot of people complain about their arms and legs. I don't suffer to badly with this problem and I was wondering if fms has to affect these areas to be legit(sp?). I have fatigue, dry eyes, hiatus hernia, numbing of hands and feet,etc. If someone suffers with symptoms other than pain in arms and legs please let me know. I would sincerly appreciate and info.
    Tes
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

that is probably the only areas that don't bother me! hopefully, others will be along to give you some informative information.

have the chest/lower ribs problems been seen by another doctor maybe ruling out something else causing the problem?

p.s. saw your post on the stomach problems, now that i have a lot of due to my ibs problems. could ibs/stress be causing chest problems, really your intestines and stomach. just a thought.

warm regards, fibolady
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2002]
  4. tes

tes New Member

I was hoping someone would have posted by now. It's about my question above. Can fms/cfs be a diagnoses without arm and leg pains. I'm waiting to see an excellent fms doctor and I can't wait. I've had fms for about 8 years and was diagnosed 6 years later.(imagine the torture). Anyways, hope to hear from someone soon.
    Hugs,
    Tes
  5. tamara!

tamara! New Member

Tes,
    I also get the chest and rib pain just as much as the arm and leg pain. The chest and rib pain cause breathing problems.
    tamara!
  6. ashergirl30

ashergirl30 New Member

My pain started ten years ago primarily in my shoulder and back. As the years have progressed I have had severe pain in my ribs now in my chest (Actually went to ER to rule out heart attack)as well as knees, thighs, and elbows. It is my understanding that the chest and ribs are very much so a part of fibro. I hope you get some relief soon. I know how painful it is. My rib and chest pain are primarily what keep me up at night. Take care Tes :)
  7. tes

tes New Member

I was just curious as to where your rib pain is? You said you have chest and rib pain that keep you up at night. Is the rib pain in the lower part around your stomach area. Get back to if you'd like.
    Much appreciated
    Tes