FMS vision issue..... getting MRI done.... worried MS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by herbqueen, Aug 14, 2006.

1. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

I've been having issues with vision in my right now for 5 weeks now. Blotchy, hazy, dim vision. Finally was able to get into see an Opth and said right optic eye looked "different" perhaps inflammation. I'm awaiting results of an MRI (with and w/o contrast dye) he had done on Friday. I've had FMS for about 8 years. The last 5 I've had minor symptoms with occasional flare ups and have gotten in under control through bodywork, the very best diet, and exercise, and herbs/a few supplements. Felt great this summer and boom now this! I'm also feeling spacey and light headed at times. Through my research on the web I'm getting really nervous that this optic neuritis..... which is ususally a precursor to MS. I guess I'll know the results soon enough from the MRI. I'm 44 years old and very scared. Can those with FMS get optic neuritis? I hope the answer is yes.. I've been loading up on nervous system herbs and herbal antinflammtories. Is there anyone out there with FMS that has had optic neurites/inflamed optic nerve and not been diagnosed with MS? I am going through a job change so I' have been stressed a bit about that.. but now am really stressed by vision issues COMBINED with a new job. I've worked so hard to get better. This is really discouraging me. My nervous system does feel like it is really weak having alot of anxiety.... of course who wouldn't with a vision issue.