Foamy Urine Answer (sort of)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Daffodildeb, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Daffodildeb

Daffodildeb New Member

The results of my kidney ultrasound showed that both kidneys are functioning normally. My urine samples tested negative for protein and sugar. My BUN and Creatinine (sp?) levels are withing normal limits. My BP is fine.

My PCP feels that the vitamins/supplements I'm taking are what is causing my "foamy" urine.

So, I will cease to fret about the "foam." :)

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions/tips.

Deb :)
  2. Patti2

Patti2 New Member

A very close friend of mine has lupus, and one of the signs is the foamy urine. She has to go to the Dr. immediatly if this happens to her. Ask your Dr. about the possibility of lupus and if you can be tested. Actually lupus is more treatable than FMS. It has been reconized much longer then FM. It also has alot of the same systems as FM. The pain and fatique. Good luck
  3. Daffodildeb

Daffodildeb New Member

Both my "Fibro Doc" and my PCP have tested me for Lupus. The results (so far) have shown that I do not have Lupus.

Thank you, Patti!

4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

A rare abnormal opening between the bladder and the colon can cause you to pass bubbles while you urinate. It can lead to severe infections. This condition can be caused by scarring or cancer. Scarring or cancer can cause connections (fistulas) between the bowel and the bladder. The bubbles are caused by the gas in the bowels passing into the bladder. The urine will eventually become foul-smelling, with debris from the colon. Seek evaluation and treatment by a urologist as soon as possible.

From the book:
    Your Body's Red Light Warning Signals
    Neil Shulman, MD, Jack Birge, MD and Joon Ahn, MD

Marilyn :)
  5. Daffodildeb

Daffodildeb New Member

WOW!! That sounds REALLY scary, Marilyn! However, I will try to see a Urologist ASAP.

Thank you for sharing!

6. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I know it's nothing any of us want to hear, but you must know everything that could cause this problem, so that you can do whatever it takes to take care of it. Good health!

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are two types of Lupus with systemic Lupus being by far the more serious. It is an inflammatory disease and for that reason, there is the treatment of using steroids for the inflammation; however, there is no cure. Systemic Lupus is far more dangerous than either FMS or CFIDS in that it is an autoimmune disease and the body can turn on it's own organs causing death.

FMS and CFIDS are believed by some docs and researchers to also be autoimmune, but neither appears to cause death at the rate that Lupus does.

Like those of us with CFIDS/FMS, people with Lupus suffer at different levels. I just don't want anyone to get the impression that being diagnosed with Lupus is great because there is treatment. The treatment causes a lot of side effects and may or may not help. People with Lupus suffer from remissions and flares too.

Love, Mikie
  8. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I've got a girlfriend that has a daughter with Lupus and she got pregnant against her doctor's advice and it almost killed her. I don't remember now why they aren't supposed to get pregnant, but it can be life threatening. I've also heard of people dieing from Lupus. I guess if there's anything for us to be thankful about FM and CFS, it's that it won't kill us.

9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The dark humor says that FMS or CFIDS won't kill ya; it'll just make you wish it would. The way I feel right now, death doesn't sound so bad.

Love, Mikie
  10. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

What's the matter that you're feeling so poorly? I thought you were doing well, or are you feeling the rebound effects from the anesthesia? My surgeon told me that it takes about a month for it to completely leave the body, and it leaves throught the ends of your fingers among other ways. He was right....my fingernails, which I had worked so hard to grow long and pretty, simply turned yellow, the tips curled up and fell off approx 30 days after the surgery.