Foamy urine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Daffodildeb, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Daffodildeb

Daffodildeb New Member

Is foamy urine a sign of CFS and/or Fibro?
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Are you on the Guaifenesin Protocol by any chance? I have heard many say that it causes foamy urine, though I've been on it for seven months and not had this problem.
    I am not aware that this is a symptom of the illnesses themselves. Maybe someone else will know more.
    Klutzo
  3. Daffodildeb

Daffodildeb New Member

No, I am not on the Guai Protocol. I have been checked for Diabetes (Type 2), Lupus and Congestive Heart Failure--all diseases that the Docs say I don't have.

I will be seeing a (new) Family Practice Doctor on 6/4/03 and an Endocrinologist on 6/11/03, making SURE to tell them
    about the (extremely) foamy urine.

Thanks to all,

Deb :)

4. Mumu

Mumu New Member

I've been having that problem, too, and my urine has a bad odor that it didn't have before. My regular doctor didn't find anything wrong, so I'm going to a urologist tomorrow. I'll let you know if I find out anything. I've had FMS for many years, but this is a new development. It seemed to start after I had to take antibiotics before some dental work because of mitral valve prolapse.
  5. Daffodildeb

Daffodildeb New Member

My urine also has a bad odor. I can't find any cause and effect for these symptoms.

It is weird, isn't it?

Thanks, Mumu!

Deb

6. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

but I remember that the nephrologist questioned Ronnie about foamy urine before he started on dialysis. So definitely get it checked out.

Hugs
    Annette
  7. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

AS the phosphates pullout, urine gets extremely foamy. If you are not on Guai, it could be the overload getting through somehow. My foamy urine started on guai and it is foul.
  8. PJB

PJB New Member

My doctor says it's a sign of too much protein in your urine. Which means your kidneys are not working as well as they should. He gave me captipril 25mg 3x/day. It's a heart/blood pressure med that he said would "protect my kidneys". I've taken it for over six months but my urine is still foamy.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/02/2003]
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

A blood/liver cleanser, 'Essiac Tea', its the toxins coming out of your body.

Drink additional water, will help the kidneys to function better.

Shalom, Shirl
  10. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

It's a symptom fo Glomerulonephritis

A group of kidney diseases caused by inflammation of the internal kidney structures (glomeruli).

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Glomerulonephritis may be a temporary and reversible condition or may be progressive resulting in destruction of the kidney glomeruli and chronic renal failure and end stage renal disease. The disease may be caused by specific problems with the body's immune system, but the precise cause of most cases is unknown.

Damage to the glomeruli with subsequent impaired filtering causes blood and protein to be lost in the urine. Because symptoms develop gradually, the disorder may be discovered when there is an abnormal urinalysis during routine physical or examination for unrelated disorders. It can cause hypertension and may only be discovered as a cause of hypertension that is difficult to control.

It may develop after survival of the acute phase of rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis. In about one-fourth of people with chronic glomerulonephritis, there is no prior history of kidney disease, and the disorder first appears as chronic renal failure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For more information visit the Medlineplus website at the National Library of Medicine, National Institute of Health, or the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope this helps,

Lane
  11. Mumu

Mumu New Member

I saw the urologist today, and he checked my urine and said it was absolutely perfect...no sign of anything wrong with my kidneys. He said the foaminess and smell are not necessarily signs of anything serious, just that the urine is more concentrated than normal. At least now I can quit worrying that my kidneys are going bad on me. I hope yours turns out to be nothing, too.
  12. Daffodildeb

Daffodildeb New Member

I'm glad to hear your kidneys are fine, Mumu! I see a (new) FP physician tomorrow and am hoping and praying that my kidneys are fine, also.

Thank you for the information, Lane. If it does turn out to be Glomerulonephritis, let's hope it will only be a temporary "inconvenience."

Thanks to all!

Deb :)