FOCAL INTESTINAL METALPLASIA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Sep 27, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

can i get the meaning of this please, "focal intestinal metaplasia"
    i requested my report 2 months after i had a endoscopy, this was part of my biospy.

it states, stomach antrum biopsy:
    mild chronic inactive gastrtis with "focal intestinal metaplasia", no H. Pylor organisms are seen on giema stain. HELPPPPPPPP

I PUT THIS ON THE RIGHT CANCER BOARD, BUT THERE IS NOT MUCH ANYONE THERE. THANKS
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

You need to phone your doctor and have him/her explain what this is. This is totally unrelated to CFS.
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I looked up info about this and honestly I don't completely understand what it is, but everything I saw said that it is not cancer, but it has a chance of eventually becoming cancerous (the info did say that there is a possibility of reversing it, though, but the treatment seems to depend on the cause and there are several causes)....for that reason, I would think that the Dr who ordered the tests should be following up with you on this (and should be able to answer your questions). Sorry I can't help more.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

You must have read the same info that I also looked at. As this can become cancerous in the future, Street would be much better off talking to her doctor than relying on strangers on the internet who could possibly give her some bad information.
  5. sascha

sascha Member

it can be a pre-cancerous condition- says you should remove factors that caused the condition. is reversible. must mess with your innards.

i'm on a carefully restricted diet that i've finally figured out for myself, and my IBS is well under control- my guts are happy again- and i like the foods i'm having. i've always LOVED food, so finding i can do this approach, like it, and stick with it is a big accomplishment.

hope you get the information you need. sounds as though (from this and other posts) you are really finding out everything possible to help you get better- hope that's true- best, sascha