Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emah, Mar 19, 2012.

1. emah

emah Member

Who knew that focusing was an art form? Ok, now what was I about to write? It gets like that for me. What aggravates me more than the struggle to focus is those who do not share this ailment say things like 'oh that happens to me all the time'. I want to scream "NO IT DOESN'T" but I don't because I know they want to help or they are just minimizing the truth about what is happening to me so they can feel better.

I love it when I pick up my glasses and then ask where they are or I find my cane in the shower or some other bizarre location. My husband says to write things down and I do but then don't know where the written reminder is....or thinking I am going to write it down and within seconds the thought has disappeared, so now I don't remember anything happening the last few minutes.
    Frustrating. My typing has gotten weird. I will think to type a word and low and behold, my fingers have taken on a separate life and type a word that doesn't even slightly resemble what I was thinking. :) This has taken 2 days to type because of lack of focus. OK, that was just a lie and me trying to be funny. But it happened while I was typing this. I have done quite a few corrections on this blah blah blah.

I know I am preachin' to the choir. I just needed to vent. For me it's become an art form (I first typed 'phone' instead of 'form) because it takes practice to get this kind of living workable. So I am learning to appreciate who I am now and not who I was. It is a very humbling experience.

Have a pain free week! Oh pls forgive any typos, I think I got them all.

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You are funny - and here is the place to vent for sure!

Have you tried a good B complex plus extra B12? I've read of several people whose brain fog improved a great deal with this. The B12 should be sublingual or injection, either methylcobalamin or hydoxocobalamin. I take 5,000 mcg. a day of Jarrow brand sublingual B12, and take it with a good B complex from Thorne Research.

acetyl-l-carnitine can also be very beneficial, more so than l-carnitine. acetyl-l-carnitine crosses the blood-brain barrier and helps brain functioning.

I've also read of people being helped with omega 3s as well, which are extremely important for brain functioning (they also prevent depression).

Take care -

3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Unfortunately I understand the focus issues too. I hope you can find something to help you.
  4. Picklington

Picklington New Member

Sorry this is so frustrating for you! I have a real problem with that too. Wishing some clarity for you
  5. emah

emah Member

I am so grateful for the responses. Thank You.......I know I am not alone but it is nice to actually see it in the flesh, so to speak.

It can be more than a little frustrating so I try to find some humor in it. I know it is not a funny situation, but sometimes if I don't laugh, I will be crying for what seems like hours.

May you all have a pain free week.
  6. emah

emah Member

@BDTMU516 I know, there has to be a silver lining somewhere. I know one of my silver linings (cause there is more than one) is ProHealth where I can vent, get understanding, get support and hopefully be able to do the same thing for others.

We are going to be ok. Thank you for responding.