Foggedup..My allergy to sulfa drugs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bambi, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I'm sorry I just found your post to me. I've been off of here a lot lately due to
    things dealing with our never ending move. But that is a different story.

I know I am allergic to sulfa drugs because they gave me one of the new antibiotics, Cipro. My whole upper body broke out in huge hives and also the inside of my mouth and in my throat. I could just barely swallow it was so swollen. My mother had similar reaction to Penicillin. The doctor told me that my reaction was completely typical of sulfa
    allergy and stopped the medication at once. So no, it wasn't a "herx" reaction.
    Thanks for asking.
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

mve is off. Found out the realtor underplayed the situation and the place is in a "high risk" flood area.
    Thee bank we bought it from as a repo should have told us too but they made sure the paperwork covered their necks. Others live in the area and in
    20 years no water has reached the place but one 100 year flood could do
    it. I'd just be too scared.

So we have to get a certified survey and put it up for sale. Some people don't worry about that like I do so it will sell. We didn't pay much for it thankfully and things have gone way up in value..even the places in that "zone". Hopefully we will even make a little profit, especially after all our problems trying to get moved. Maybe it was all for a reason.

In any case it's been a disappointment and a dirty deal on the part of the realtor etc but I trusted them. That was my first mistake I guess. Oh well a door closes and a window opens.