FOLLOW ONE ANOTHER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by s43, Oct 25, 2002.

1. s43

s43 New Member

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE FOR 2 WEEKS AND AM AMAZED.AS SOON AS SOMEONE SAYS THEY ARE SUFFERING WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT SUDDENLY EVERY BODY ELSE HAS GOT IT. I HAVE GOT FIBRO AND HAVE SOME ROTTEN TIMES BUT I THINK THAT U FOLLOW ONE ANOTHER.FIBRO IS UNPREDICTABLE AND PAINFUL NOBODYS SAYING ANY DIFFERENT BUT U ALL SEEM TO BE WALLOWING IN SELF PITY. YOU HAVE JUST GOT TO MAKE BEST OF A BAD SITUATION AND GET ON WITH IT.LISTENING TO U ALL I AM STARTING TO DEVELOP PAIN IN PLACES I NEVER HAD BEFORE.
  2. s43

s43 New Member

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE FOR 2 WEEKS AND AM AMAZED.AS SOON AS SOMEONE SAYS THEY ARE SUFFERING WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT SUDDENLY EVERY BODY ELSE HAS GOT IT. I HAVE GOT FIBRO AND HAVE SOME ROTTEN TIMES BUT I THINK THAT U FOLLOW ONE ANOTHER.FIBRO IS UNPREDICTABLE AND PAINFUL NOBODYS SAYING ANY DIFFERENT BUT U ALL SEEM TO BE WALLOWING IN SELF PITY. YOU HAVE JUST GOT TO MAKE BEST OF A BAD SITUATION AND GET ON WITH IT.LISTENING TO U ALL I AM STARTING TO DEVELOP PAIN IN PLACES I NEVER HAD BEFORE.
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I would suggest that you go elsewhere if we are bothering you.

Many of us rely on this place for support & understanding, we try to help each other, not be insulting.

There have been many posts here recently where the person has voiced how thankful they were to have this site, for me personally it has been a real lifesaver.

I am sorry you are so righteous, I will pray for you.

Jaci
  4. s43

s43 New Member

I DONT THINK I WILL BE POSTING AGAIN.TAKE CARE EVERY ONE ILL PRAY FOR U ALL.
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

That is what this board is for info and support. I find most my info from this board not from doctors. Yes and we have bad days....and we like to vent. If this person does not want to see our venting and problems then go somewhere else. I love this board and the people have been great to me when I've felt all alone. Ther I said my two cents..now I feel better.
    Carla
  6. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

If we all gang up on and kick everybody out every time somebody says something negative, then surely soon we will have nobody left!

Haven't we all had our days? I can think of some lately that sounded like they were pissed at all of us, yet the same poster/s had an epiphany that followed it. Sometimes, it's how our brains work. First we build up steam, and when we blow our stacks, we see the truth, even if it sounded nothing like what we said in anger.

Just my two cents...ahh, hell, make it a nickel, I'm feeling generous!
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Most of us do try to remain positive despite our illnesses. I don't think it is negative to post about a symptom and ask whether anyone else has this. We have thousands of members, so when ten or twenty post that they have also experienced a symptom, it is now wallowing in pity. It is validating that our illnesses do produce some pretty unusual symptoms. I also helps us to know that we are not alone.

You needn't read these posts if they are not to your liking.

Love, Mikie
  8. sean

sean New Member

It seems to me some people have forgot what the word support means, There's far to much from certain people telling others to stop being negetive, and to do what they do if they wan't to get better. To be honest with you I'm sick of it. We should be supporting each other, lately I have been leaving this board feeling a lot of anger at certain peoples insensitve comments towards others. I will give it a couple of days, but I just get the impression that some people get pleasure out of making comments that they know will create a reaction. Why do these people bother coming here if they think it's so negetive? I hate to tell you this s43, but someone said exacly what you have said, that she won't be posting anymore. That was a few days ago. I see she has posted again now. She too for some reason cannot understand why people who are feeling ill, feel the need wan't to vent. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, if you wan't to start creating positivity, on this board, start by learning to talk to people in a positivite respectful manner, and they will be more inclined to listen to what you have to say. I would also like to remind these people that many of us that come to this board not only have fibro and cfs to deal with, but other immune disorders like R.A, osteo-arthritis, lupus, and the likes. Don't automatically assume you know what a person is going through, because only God has this ability. Please lets be a bit more understanding people!
  9. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

Now I've got the old Aretha Franklin song in my head,"R-E-S-P-E-C-T....Yow! Sock It To Me!!!
    smiles.
  10. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I apoligize..I'm not the kind that usually comes out and posts negative, I usually set back and read then go on. I'll watch myself from now on. I'll blame it on the meds...Sorry....
    Carlacat
  11. kay

kay New Member

AND LOVE ON ANOTHER!!! THIS IS GETTING TO BE A HABIT ANY MORE.LIKE I TAUGHT MY CHILDREN--- THERE IS RIGHT WAY -AND- A WRONG WAY TO TALK TO EACH OTHER. (WRITE)(OR WHATEVER, IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER) Treat people how YOU!!!!! WANT TO BE TREATED!
    46- i AM NOT IN fLORIDA BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO CALL ME OR WRITE ANYTIME. E-MAIL UNDER BIO!![This Message was Edited on 10/25/2002]
  12. cpalance

cpalance New Member

You can't leave, you make me laugh. You always are positive and I love reading your posts. Please don't leave.

Cindy
  13. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...for saying what I think many of us feel--that it's not negative to post about a symptom or set of symptoms. I don't automatically feel like I have every new symptom, just because someone asks about it--- but instead, I feel enlightened and almost, well, POWERFUL, when I feel that I'm not alone and that others have gotten through the same tough times & tough pains as I have. I have learned more here in the past two months than from all my years of doctor visits, books, etc. "Wallowing in self pity"? Heck, I feel more positive than I have in years because of: A) the wonderful support & information I've gotten here, and B) because my meager two cents might just be what someone else needs to hear that day. I'm grateful to everyone for what I've learned here & thankful for the neat folks I've met... maybe this is just not the right fit for s43....

Pam
  14. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It may sound this way to you, but believe me, these two illnesses have a lot more to them than meets the eye at any one given time.

I have seen people ask a question concerning some problem they had been dealing with in silence, then others will respond and its a common thing among many of us.

For instance, awhile back, a lady asked if anyone had 'itchy ears', well believe me, I had itchy ears for years, but had no idea that it was one of the symptoms of Fibro! I though some bug was bitting me. After reading all the posts I learned that it was nothing serious, but just another of these strange things we get.

As for self pity, that is strong words for many of us. I would say just the opposite, I think we are a bunch of strong people here, otherwise we would have given up on life a longtime ago. Instead, we try to help ourselves, as well as others here.

Maybe you are just having a bad day, we all get them. But next time, think before you post like you did today.

I have just had a spider bit me, in 20 or more places on my hand and arm, I am here doing the best I can, typing hurts my numb finger tips, and my hand and arm are hurting too, but I don't think I am a 'whimp' for saying what is hurting me! I am fighting this toe and nail and continuing to try and help out here.

Take a few days off, then come back with a smile!

Shalom, Shirl
  15. JCharity

JCharity New Member

are only a few of the emotions I see on this board. I have never been in a group this large and I find it amazing that everybody supports everyone else as much as they/we do. We all have bad days and hurt so much we just lash out as a way of release. I know I have done that more than once to my hubby, who is very supportive of this dumb disease. 43..we all have bad days, you, me, everybody. I think we all need to rethink our feelings and look for all the good on this board. I hope you don't leave because there is a lot of info and support that you can get here.........even more sometimes than we get from our doctors. I have a wonderful, compassionate doctor who I love dearly, but I know any one of us on this board probably understands this disease more than she does because we all have the same things going on in our bodies. We all need to lift each other up and not pounce on somebody that is possibly having a bad day and needs to vent, is mad at themselves for not being able to control their body, or their emotions. Sorry this turned into a book but I just had to let my fingers do the talking.

Thank you EVERYBODY for always being there! Hugz, Jenn
  16. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

This illnes has a couple dozen different symptoms and we probably all have had most of them in the course of our journey through this illnesss at one time or another. Oh course, there`s going to be many with similiar symptoms.
    My guess is your fm is pretty mild and you haven`t suffered with it very long to have said what you did.
  17. phenom

phenom New Member

i use this board to see what other ppl have done for similar pain/symptoms and use it to help myself. if something is bothering me (pain), i want to know that i'm not the only one with this dd and that i'm not crazy - this board makes me feel better. sometimes i don't have to post, i just read what you all say and i feel a bit stronger.... thanks everyone. most posts are full of positive comments and support - everyone needs to vent sometimes - or we'll definately go mad!!! and i'm too close to that already!!!

phenom
  18. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

s43, you have got to be a guy, and new to this DD. No offense men, but you are showing the classic response to something you don't want to live with, denial.
  19. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

I am very thankful for all that share their different problems, it helps me to learn. A good example is that I have been having alot of "toothaches" for the past 2 months BUT the toothaches move around. Someone posted on here about toothaches and got rid of alot of anxiety that I was having over the thought of having to have major work done all over my mouth, I am very afraid of the dentist and knowing this is a symptom helped ease my anxiety about my next dentist appointment, I was even having pain in teeth that had root canals done....NO nerve endings in them and had no idea how they could hurt. Thought I was going crazy until someone posted it and others responded back.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/26/2002]
  20. s43

s43 New Member

BUT THAT IS WHAT HAS COME ACROSS TO ME.I WASNT GOING TO REPLY BUT FELT I HAD TO CLEAR SOME THINGS UP.FOR THE 2 WEEKS I HAVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD I HAVE GAINED A LOT OF INFO FROM U ALL I AM NOT SAYING ANY DIFERENT,WHAT I WAS IMPLYING IS THAT NOBODY SEEMED TO HAVE POSITIVE ATTITUDES TOWARDS ANY ONE WHO VOICED AN OPINION ABOUT SOMETHING THAT HELPED THEM E.G SOMEONE POSTED A FEW DAYS AGO THAT EXCERCISE HAS REALLY HELPED HER AND THAT U SHOULD ALL TRY IT,EVERYBODY JUMPED AT HER TELLING HER IF SHE FELT THAT WELL SHE SHOULDNT BE ON HERE,AND THAT EXCERSISE HURT.BLA BLA BLA SURELY SHE HAD THE RIGHT TO SPEAK HER MIND,AFTER ALL WHATS THE USE OF HAVING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.SECONDLY I AM NOT A MAN AND AM NOT IN DENIAL I HAVE SUFFERED FOR 6 YEARS WITH THIS DD PLUS OESTEOARTHRITIS PLUS THYROID AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE SO I DO KNOW WHAT SUFFEREING IS BELIEVE U ME.DONT GET ME WRONG I LUV THIS SITE BUT SOMETIMES I COME OFF THE COMPUTER FEELING WORSE,I DONT KNOW MAYBE IT IS THE REALIZATION OF SEEING ALL THE DIFFERENT SYMPTOMS WRITTEN DOWN AND KNOWING THAT I AM SUFF WITH 60% OF THEM THAT IS HITTING HOME.I THINK THIS ILLNESS DOES GO THRU DIFF STAGES OF ANGER,SADDNESS,AND POSITIVE REACTIONS.IT IS NICE TO KNOW FROM THE COMMENTS I HAVE HAD THAT SOME OF U REALLY UNDERSTAND AND DIDNT SHOOT ME DOWN IN FLAMES.MAYBE I HAVE GOT ALOT TO LEARN,BUT PLEASE IN FUTURE WHEN SOMEONE HAS POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT SOMETHING THEY HAVE TRIED AND THAT HAS WORKED FOR THEM ,GIVE THEM A POSITIVE RESPONSE THEY ARE ONLY SHARING THERE GOOD FORTUNE.I WILL CONTINUE TO READ THIS BOARD CAUSE U HAVE HELPED ME A LOT,BUT ILL KEEP SILENT IN FUTURE. TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GOOD LIFE IF THIS DD ALLOWS U TO.SHARON