Follow up to "How do you know"?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gcalex, Mar 8, 2003.

1. gcalex

gcalex New Member

Perhaps a slightly different spin on this question: can one have CFS if one does not have any evidence, either in terms of symptoms or diagnostic testing, of immune dysfunction? In other words, can just fatigue, plus headaches unrefreshing sleep and exercise intolerance equal a diagnosis of CFS, with no fever, sore throat, flu like symptoms, tender lymph nodes, GI problems, or any of the other various symptoms and markers suggesting immune dysfunction? OR, is immune dysfuction the essence of CFS?
  2. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

I have fatigue, sometimes headaches,always unrefreshed sleep.I don't have sore throat.flue like sytptoms or tender lymph node. I have Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis.I do have upper GI problems and I think alot of these things overlap each other. Hope this is helpful to you. God Bless Danisue
  3. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

If you go to the top of this board and click on the 1st post--"A Patient's Guide..."
    It will tell you every thing you need to know, and then you can decide. Just fill in the info...
    Good Luck, and God Bless!
    Fibromiester
  4. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

When I had blood drawn to be analyzed sometime last year, the lab sent an interesting response to my PCP. It said something to the fact that because of the unique makeup of my blood cells that they could not make a determination on certain tests