food 4 thought any ideas?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by niggley, Aug 29, 2002.

1. niggley

niggley New Member

hi all...haven't been on for ages.. l was doing okay even driven to a night at the theatre but then followed by 2 sick bugs and a flu it brings you back down to earth again ....so l'm concentrating on my food intake...apart from putting on 1 stone since having this M.E l have tried to eat healthily but heard that eating as much raw food was best ..has anyone tried this..or can recommend any good food books...many thanks love to all nyree
  2. niggley

niggley New Member

hi all...haven't been on for ages.. l was doing okay even driven to a night at the theatre but then followed by 2 sick bugs and a flu it brings you back down to earth again ....so l'm concentrating on my food intake...apart from putting on 1 stone since having this M.E l have tried to eat healthily but heard that eating as much raw food was best ..has anyone tried this..or can recommend any good food books...many thanks love to all nyree
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Nyree, sorry you have been ill again. These are strange sicknesses, I have a whole year without much pain, then all of a sudden it was back with a vengeance.

As for books on food for FM/CFS, I only found one, but have not read it yet. Its called; 'The Fibromyalgia Nutrition Guide' author; Dr. Joe M. Elrod. He also authored;' Reversing Fibromyalgia'. I also have this one, but sorry to say I am backed up on my reading and have not read this one either. Not much help huh?

I just looked at your profile, you are a lovely young lady, and your pup resembles my own, mine is a Pit Bull that is a big baby.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, and I am sure others will be sharing their diets with you.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Lanie

Lanie New Member

I have found the Zone Books by Barry Sears to be helpful. They offer a way of life diet that works well with FM. Check out ebay, thats where I bought mine at a fraction of bookstore prices...
    Hope this helps.
    Lanie
  5. thereseuk

thereseuk New Member

There are a number of food books specifically for fms. To have a look at them try going to amazon and put fms into their search facility. That way you can have alook at them read the reviews etc. You dont have to buy from there but having a look at the various books available will help you to decide.
    good luck
    love therese
  6. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

Hello,
    There is a really good book shop in London. It is called the Nutri Centre at the Hale Clinic near Regents Park tube station. They have an enormous choice of health books on all illnesses and lots on ME. There is also health food shop attached. You can even sit down and look through the books before you decide to buy. Personally too many raw foods do not agree with me.

Take care

Satin