Food allergies and candidiasis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hannahfaid, Sep 6, 2009.

1. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I have developed food allergies and yeast overload in my gut.

Have you developed any of this since having FM??
  2. street129

street129 New Member

OH GOD =, WHO DIED AND MADE YOU HEAD MASTER.
  3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

For some of us, cleaning up diet & gut issues improves the fibro some.

Which begs the question --- perhaps the food & gut issues are partly to blame for fibro suffering -- or is it a chicken/egg thing. Which came first????

I've met a number of people with *mild* food allergies who, after reducing gut dysbiosis & rebuilding gut lining, find their food sensitivities are reduced. However, I'm not sure that if a person has, say, one of those anaphylactic-shock allergies (the peanut-butter kiss that kills), that yeast abatement alone will cure the food sensitivity.

I believe my food sensitivities DID precede my fibro -- but I also think there is more than one cause of my own fibro pain. The recent thread, 'fibro and sugar' has a post about my food sensitivity struggles. (Tho' not primarily a candidiasis problem for me, as far as I know.)

Best wishes.
  4. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

what does that mean??? am I not suppose to ask other questions and get input and advice??? isn't that what the message board is for
  5. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

hey sweetie its been a long time!! rememeber me??? your grape seed helpin??
  6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I don't think that comment was meant for you.

Systemic yeast overgrowth and food sensitivities go hand in hand with illnesses like FMS. You can try to treat the yeast with anti-candida medication but it will probably come back. Most of us have to be on a low-carb, low or no sugar diet to help control it.
  7. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

after finally having a yeast panel... I am happy to say its not candidiasis...still have like 30 food sensitivities.. just gotta watch it I dont... too damned beat to cook
    trying to work on a diet healthy no wheat or eggs dairy.. hard