Food allergies and candidiasis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hannahfaid, Sep 6, 2009.

1. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I have developed food allergies and yeast overload in my gut.

Have you developed any of this since having FM??
  2. street129

street129 New Member

3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

For some of us, cleaning up diet & gut issues improves the fibro some.

Which begs the question --- perhaps the food & gut issues are partly to blame for fibro suffering -- or is it a chicken/egg thing. Which came first????

I've met a number of people with *mild* food allergies who, after reducing gut dysbiosis & rebuilding gut lining, find their food sensitivities are reduced. However, I'm not sure that if a person has, say, one of those anaphylactic-shock allergies (the peanut-butter kiss that kills), that yeast abatement alone will cure the food sensitivity.

I believe my food sensitivities DID precede my fibro -- but I also think there is more than one cause of my own fibro pain. The recent thread, 'fibro and sugar' has a post about my food sensitivity struggles. (Tho' not primarily a candidiasis problem for me, as far as I know.)

Best wishes.
  4. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

what does that mean??? am I not suppose to ask other questions and get input and advice??? isn't that what the message board is for
  5. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

hey sweetie its been a long time!! rememeber me??? your grape seed helpin??
  6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I don't think that comment was meant for you.

Systemic yeast overgrowth and food sensitivities go hand in hand with illnesses like FMS. You can try to treat the yeast with anti-candida medication but it will probably come back. Most of us have to be on a low-carb, low or no sugar diet to help control it.
  7. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

after finally having a yeast panel... I am happy to say its not candidiasis...still have like 30 food sensitivities.. just gotta watch it I dont... too damned beat to cook
    trying to work on a diet healthy no wheat or eggs dairy.. hard