food allergies related to fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by worshipfulclown, Nov 8, 2004.

1. worshipfulclown

worshipfulclown New Member

just wondering how much food allergies are related to fibromyalgia and did i get them from having fibromyalgia
  2. WakeMeUp

WakeMeUp New Member

so, I guess my answer to you is YES. Not only allergic to food, but to medicine, chemicals, supplements, everything. It's horrible.
    WakeMeUp
  3. worshipfulclown

worshipfulclown New Member

I TALKED TO ANOTHER FREIND WHO HAS IT AND SHE SAID NO NEED TO HAVE FURTHER TESTS WON'T HELP STILL WILL HAVE SYMPTOMS. SHE HAS STARTED RELIV WITH SOME LUCK ONLY TAKING A MUCH SMALLER DOSE. HAVE A GREAT DAY!
  4. mararose1959

mararose1959 Guest

My doctor has recently suggested that I try eating dairy free for a month. In only a week I feel better.
  5. patsie

patsie New Member

I have been using soy for past 4 years or so-- as long as i have had fibro. A shake each a.m. with a banana in it. Have read soy lowers thyroid function in some people. i was ordered thyroid med. Am doing my own research; rather than taking the thyroid med (my function is only subclinical) not a drastic change. I will get thyroid test done after being off soy about 6 weeks. If thyroid function goes up, I believe soy has caused a lot of problems, including fibro, severe fatigue and depression which would not leave or respond to drugs. Dr. doesn't know i am doing this; however, he has been no help in solving this problem. I have had intense pain and for the most part right now it is gone. Unless there is such a thing as remission for weeks and weeks.
  6. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I think food allergies have a lot to do with FM ! I have yeast,tomatoes,eggs,dairy, and soy allergies. Better be careful using soy b/c I used a lot of it and became allergic to it too. Also I think that Leaky Gut and Candida have a huge part in FM.When the immune system starts to malfunction--that's when all these things start happening.I took a lot of Prednisone and after that ---everything started to go down hill. Any foods that you eat a lot of--there's a chance that you'll become allergic to it. So vary your diet a lot instead of eating the same things.
    Hugs Shirley