FOOD and EARLY MORNING.....MY BIGGEST ENEMIES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AJME, Nov 13, 2006.

1. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

I probably had FM all my life. Seems to be progressive.

I have notice over the past few years that FOOD and WAKING UP IN THE MORNING are my biggest enemies.

I seem to be allergic to most all food. Especially the food that isn't good for me.

I have some success with taking IBUPROPHEN during my meals....seems to bridge me over the Inflammation/Digestion period....about a couple of hours where I have the biggest "GET ACHEY and SLEEPY period"

Anyone else have Similar problems?

Thanks
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

Yes! I was waking up feeling like I was dying. I was scaredt to go to sleep. If I took a nap during the day, when I woke up I felt like I was dying. It was really bad. Read my posts on food, it's too long for here but before I even changed my food, 3 years ago I discovered N Acetyl Cysteine. I took it about 3 times during the day, about 500 mg or so, and I would take it when I woke up in the middle of the night, between 2 am and 5 am and it gave me relief from the early morning hell. It was the first supplement I tried that helped me.

I think it's because it helps your liver make glutathione, the major detoxifier. Start with a small dose and work your way up or it may make you feel worse depending on how your liver is right now.

hope it helps, karen
  3. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I hate waking up in the morning. I love the opportunity to rest, but boy when I wake up, I wonder if it was worth it. It usually takes me close to 30 min. just to get moving so I can get out of bed.

I guess it's because I don't move much in my sleep but I always wake up extremely stiff and just a general unwell feeling.

Food on the other hand, I've found to make me feel some better. Times when I get really hungry, my FM kicks in badly until I eat something. Wheat and sugary things are my enemies ;)
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

If you feel really bad in the middle of the night or after sleeping awhile, have a few small sips of juice to see if your blood sugar has gotten low. You'll know right away if this is it. This still happens to me once in awhile. good luck, karen
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

If you have hypoglycemia and drink juice, be sure to follow it with some food that contains protein and/or fat. Otherwise, you blood sugar may come crashing back down lower than it was before.

A substantial bedtime ‘snack’ can help prevent morning low blood sugar.