food intolerances

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pluto, May 2, 2003.

1. Pluto

Pluto New Member

Does anyone find any foods stir up their Fibromyalgia?
    My physio suggested cutting out wheat for a while, but I'm not sure if that is working. What symptoms do you get if you react to wheat?
    Great site this. Solutions for everything. It has made me realise I'm not alone, although there don't seem to be many in UK!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

There is a thread that was just started today on food intolerances, its title is; 'How long does it last?' posted by; Chrissy2.

Please go give it a read, there is some good information on it.

Let me know if you can't find it, I will bump it up for you.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Welcome! This is a great site, huh? We actually have quite a group from the UK----I'm from the U.S., Kansas to be exact (you know, along with all those Wizard of Oz folks).

I just found out, after years of FM symptoms, that I am seriously allergic to wheat & milk products, among other things. Because I didn't have really strong IBS or stomach issues, I never figured this out....never associated chronic pain & fatigue with food intolerances. Now, I'm on a strict diet, and taking lots of probiotics, digestive enzymes & other supplements. Trying to repair years of damage to my immune system....I've only been on this program for about 7 or 8 weeks, so I'm not noticing big changes yet; however, I do think I notice that I have more energy. I imagine that since this problem was years in the making, it will be a long time before I notice positive changes.

I remember when I first started with the FM symptoms, a chronic illness therapist I saw kept saying to me, "Are you SURE you aren't allergic to wheat???" ----and, of course, I paid no attention.....wish I had!

Good luck to you.....hard to eliminate wheat (and I have to do all gluten) but worth it if it makes you feel better!

Hugs,
    Pam