food posioning I think help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Jun 22, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I think I has a bad turkey sandiwch for dinner. My tummy feels a little sick and I just have that feeling that it is not going to be good.

I just started Ginger Tea..is there anything else I can do that is natural?
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Jane32:

I had food poisioning when I was a teenager. I bought a hot soup from one of those hot vending machines. It was clam chowder.

Later that day the room started spinning around, I felt like I could not get out of bed and then I started the most 'natural' thing I could do: vomit.

I hope you do not have food poisioning. It might even take a trip to the hosptial.

Replenish liquids and electrolytes into your body as soon as you can.

Feel better!

nyrofan
  3. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Warm tea sounds like a good idea. Also try drinking a lot of water to help flush out whatever is bugging you. And slip into comfy clothes, if you aren't wearing them already (no waistbands pushing on your belly!)

I had a similar situation recently, don't know if I am allergic to the food I ate or whether I was fighting a stomach virus. It was SUPER painful and nasty.

If you have a heating pad I would suggest using it on your belly (to ease cramping) and breathe very slowly and deeply while laying down. This always helps me when I have stomach issues. You can also lay on the floor, with a blanket folded beneath your belly- sometimes the pressure helps to ease the pain. If it feels worse ... quickly abandon my idea and stop it immediately! It just helps me. :)

Ohhhh ... I hope you feel better soon.
  4. fahan

fahan New Member

I hate to hear that. Peppermint tea is good on the stomach and also helps for sleep.

Cilantro is the best natural remedy I've read to " prevent"
    food posioning. A tsp. a day. Don't know if it helps

after you get it but I'd think it couldn't hurt being it helps prevent it.
    I've found it in the produce dept, it's a spice of course and it's ground up in packets.

Maybe able to find it in wal-mart too. put on food like salt and pepper.
    good luck, fahan
  5. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Take some alka seltzer for the symptoms until the other products bind.

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way!

You didn't start any new medicine did you? I felt the exact way everytime I either increase a dose or start anything new.
  6. jane32

jane32 New Member

Well let's just say my bowels took care of the problem. I am still in a little pain but not so bad. The only problem now is that I did nto sleep so well because the ginger tea had caffenine! oh well!

Thanks you for all of the very different options. I am going ot keep this just in case it every happens again.

I can't imagine having real food posioning...it must be awful.
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Can kill. I would get to ER right away. I just read you are OK, but remember all, food poisoning kills thousands of people in the USA every year. Love Anne Crom
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2006]